搜索

四签名 第12期:案情的陈述(4)

查看: 280.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:18:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
四签名 第12期:案情的陈述(4)
"That is exactly what I want to ask you."
"这正是我要和您商量的呀。"
"Then we shall most certainly go, you and I and–yes, why Dr. Watson is the very man.
"咱们一定得去。您和我,还有,不错,华生医师还是咱们所需要的人。
Your correspondent says two friends. He and I have worked together before."
信上说,两位朋友,他和我一直是在一起工作的。"
"But would he come?" she asked with something appealing in her voice and expression.
她用请求的表情看着我,向福尔摩斯道:"可是他肯去吗?"
"I shall be proud and happy," said I fervently, "if I can be of any service."
我热情地说:"只要我能效力,真是荣幸极了。"
"You are both very kind," she answered.
她道:"两位这样的仗义,我很感激。
"I have led a retired life and have no friends whom I could appeal to.
我很孤独,没有朋友可以相托。
If I am here at six it will do, I suppose?"
我六点钟到这里来,大约可以吧?"
"You must not be later," said Holmes. "There is one other point, however.
福尔摩斯道:"可是不能再晚了。还有一点,
Is this handwriting the same as that upon the pearl-box addresses?"
这封信和寄珠子的小盒上的笔迹相同吗?"
"I have them here," she answered, producing half a dozen pieces of paper.
她拿出六张纸来说道:"全在这里。"
"You are certainly a model client. You have the correct intuition. Let us see, now."
"您考虑得很周密,在我的委托人里,您确实是模范了。现在咱们看一看吧。"
He spread out the papers upon the table and gave little darting glances from one to the other.
他把信纸全铺在桌上,一张一张地对比着继续说道:
"They are disguised hands, except the letter," he said presently;
"除了这封信以外,笔迹全是伪装的,
"but there can be no question as to the authorship.
但是都出于一个人的手笔,这一点是毫无疑问的。
See how the irrepressible Greek e will break out, and see the twirl of the final s. They are undoubtedly by the same person.
您看这个希腊字母e多么突出,再看字末的s字母的弯法。
I should not like to suggest false hopes, Miss Morstan,
摩斯坦小姐,我不愿给您无谓的希望,
but is there any resemblance between this hand and that of your father?"
可是我倒愿知道,这些笔迹和您父亲的,有相似之点没有?"
"Nothing could be more unlike."
"绝不相同。"
"I expected to hear you say so. We shall look out for you, then, at six.
"我想也是如此。那么我们在六点钟等您。
Pray allow me to keep the papers. I may look into the matter before then.
请您把这些信留下,我也许要先研究一下,
It is only half-past three. Au revoir, then."
现在只有三点半钟,再会吧。"
"Au revoir," said our visitor; and with a bright, kindly glance from one to the other of us,
我们的客人答道:"再会。"她又用和蔼的眼光看了看我们两人,
she replaced her pearl-box in her bosom and hurried away.
就把盛珠子的盒子放在胸前,匆匆地走了出去。
Standing at the window, I watched her walking briskly down the street until the gray turban and white feather were but a speck in the sombre crowd.
我站在窗前看着她轻快地走向街头,直到她的灰帽和白翎毛消失在人群当中。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部