I could not go on;the pain was too great,and I fell violently on both my knees.Smith was thrown off.
我没法儿继续走了;脚疼得太厉害了,我重重地跪了下来。史密斯被甩了出去。
He tried to get up but couldn't,then he lay still.
他试着爬起来,可是没成功,然后他就一动不动地躺在那里了。
I could do nothing but wait.
我只好等着。
It was nearly midnight when I heard a horse's feet and the wheels of a carriage.
当我听到马蹄声和马车的轮键声时已近午夜了。
I neighed loudly,and was very happy to hear an answering neigh from Ginger,and men's voices.
我长嘶了一声,然后惊喜地听到了金儿的应答,还有男人的声音。
Then the carriage came out of the darkness and stopped.
马车从夜色中驶来并停了下来。
Two men jumped down beside Smith.'It's Reuben,'said one,'and he's not moving,Robert.'
两个男人跳下车站在史密斯身旁。是鲁宾,一个说,他一动也不动,罗伯特。
'He's dead,'said Robert,touching Smith.'His hands are cold and his head is covered with blood.'
他死了,罗伯特摸了摸史密斯说,他的手冰凉,头上满是鲜血。
They looked at me and saw my cut knees.
他们看了看我,发现了我受伤的膝盖。
The horse has been down and thrown him!said Robert.He tried to lead me forward but I almost fell again.
这马摔倒了,把他甩了出去!罗伯特说,他想牵着我向前走,可我差点儿又摔倒。
He's bad in the foot,too.No wonder he went down,riding over these stones without a shoe!
他的蹄子也不对劲。怪不得他摔倒呢,没有掌还在这片石头地上跑!
关于《黑骏马》黑骏马通过自己的眼睛,用惟妙惟肖的语言,讲述了一个个娓娓动听的故事,向读者们传递着这么一个信息—动物也有感觉,也有思想,人类应该善待动物。