搜索

有声读物《格列佛游记》第9期:第2章 在利力浦特的生活(3)

查看: 237.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:54:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《格列佛游记》第9期:第2章 在利力浦特的生活(3)
I begged the King so often for my freedom that at last he and his lords agreed that I need not be a prisoner any longer.However,I had to promise certain things:
我经常向国王恳求还我自由,最后他和他的王公们同意我不需要再作囚徒。可是我不得不承诺一些事:
to help the Lilliputians in war and peace
在战争与和平中帮助利力浦特人;
to give two hourswarning before a visit to their capital,so that people could stay indoors
参观他们的都城要提前两小时通知,以便人们能呆在室内;
to be careful not to step on any Lilliputians or their animals
小心不要踩着利力浦特人和他们的牲畜;
to carry important messages for the King if necessary
必要时为国王传递重要消息;
to help the King's workmen carry heavy stones
帮助国王的工匠搬运重石头;
to stay in Lilliput until the King allowed me to leave.
留在利力浦特直到国王允许我离开。
On his side the King promised I would receive food and drink,enough for 1724 Lilliputians.
在国王方面,他许诺我将得到足够1724个利力浦特人吃的食物和饮料。
I agreed to everything at once.
我立即同意了一切条件。
My chains were broken,and I was free at last!
我的锁链被弄断了,我终于获得了自由!
The first thing I did was visit the capital city.
我做的第一件事是参观都城。
The people were warned,so that they would not be in danger.
人们事先接到了通知,因而他们不致有危险。
I stepped carefully over the city wall,which was less than a metre high,and walked slowly through the two main streets.
我小心地跨过城墙,那不足一米高,慢慢地走过两条主要大街。
It is usually a very busy city,with shops and markets full of people, but today the streets were empty.
这个城市通常非常繁忙,店铺市场挤满了人,不过今天街道却是空的。
There were crowds watching me from every window.
每个窗口都有一些人在看我。
In the middle of the city is the King's palace.
城的中央是王宫。
The King had invited me to enter it,so I stepped over the surrounding wall into the palace garden.
国王曾经邀我进去,因而我跨过围墙进入了御花园。
But unfortunately the palace itself has walls a metre and a half high around it.
不幸的是,宫殿本身有一米半高的围墙环绕着它。
I did not want to damage these walls by trying to climb over them.
我不想因我的翻墙而把围墙弄坏,
So I walked carefully back out of the city and into the King's park.
所以我小心地往回走出城进入国王的花园。
Here I cut down several of the largest trees with my knife,and made two wooden boxes.
我在那儿用自己的刀子砍倒几棵最大的树,做成两个木盒子。
When I returned to the palace with my boxes,I was able to stand on one box on one side of the wall and step on to the other box on the other side.
我带着木盒回到王宫,我可以在墙的一边站在木盒上,然后跨到墙的另一边的木盒上。
I lay down on the ground and looked through the windows,right into the King's rooms.
我躺在地上,从窗户望过去,正好看到国王的房间。
You cannot imagine a more beautiful place to live in.
你再也想不出比这更好的栖身之处了。
The rooms and furniture are perfect in every detail.
房间和家具精美入微。
As I was looking in,I could see the Queen,surrounded by her lords and ladies.
我往里看,可以看见王后,周围她的王公和贵妇簇拥着她。
She kindly put her hand ont of the window for me to kiss.
她友善地把手伸出窗户让我亲吻。
关于《格列佛游记》第二章 利立浦特皇帝在几位贵族的陪同下前来看在押的格列佛—描写皇帝的仪容与服饰—学者们奉命教授格列佛当地语言—他因性格温顺搏得皇帝的欢心—衣袋受到搜查,刀、手枪被没收。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部