As I came nearer to Lilliput,I saw the King and all his lords and ladies standing on the beach.
当我走近利力浦特,看见国王和他所有的王公及贵妇们站在海边。
They could only see Blefuscu's warships coming closer,as I was swimming and my head was occasionally under the water.
他们只是看见不来夫斯古的战船越来越近,因为我正在游泳,头不时藏在水下,
Therefore,they sup-posed that I had drowned,and that the Blefuscan ships were attacking.
所以他们以为我已经淹死了,而不来夫斯古的战船正来袭击。
But when they saw me walking out of the sea, they welcomed me warmly with cries of astonishment and delight.
当他们看见我从水中走出来时,他们热情地欢迎我,充满了惊讶和喜悦。
The King himself came down to the water to meet me.
国王本人则下到水里来接我。
Everyone in Lilliput is grateful to you!he cried.
每个利力浦特人都感激你!他说,
For your bravery,you will be one of my lords from now on.
鉴于你的英勇,从现在起你将作我的一个王公。
Thank you,sir,I replied.
谢谢您,先生。我回答。
And now,he continued,go back and steal all the ene-my's ships,so that we can defeat Blefuscu for ever!
现在,他接着说,回去把敌人的所有战船都偷过来,以便我们能彻底打败不来夫斯古!
We'll de-stroy the Big-Endians,and I'll become King of the whole world!
我将消灭大端派人,我将成为整个世界之王。
But I would not agree to this plan.
可是我不能同意他的计划。
Sir,I replied,I will never help to take a brave nation's freedom away.
先生,我回答,我永远也不会帮助剥夺一个勇敢民族的自由。
Lilliput and Blefuscu should live in peace now.
利力浦特和不来夫斯古现在应该和平相处。
The King could not persuade me,and unfortunately he nev-er forgot that I had refused to do what he wanted.
国王无法说服我,不幸的是,他从不忘记我曾经拒绝做他想做的事,
Although I had saved his country from attack by Blefuscan warships, he preferred to remember my refusal.
尽管我使他的国家免遭不来夫斯古战船的攻击,他更愿意记住我对他的拒绝。
From this time on,I heard from my friends that there were secret conversations in the palace between the King and some of his lords,who were jealous of me.
从这时起,我从几个朋友那儿得知国王和几个嫉妒我的王公在宫里秘密商议。
These conversations nearly led to my death in the end.
这些密谈后来几乎要了我的命。
关于《格列佛游记》格列佛得到消息,有人阴谋指控他犯有严重的叛国罪,只好逃往不来夫斯库——他在那里受到欢迎。