I covered my eyes with my hands.
我双手蒙在双眼上,
I had wanted to help these people and their King.How could they decide to punish me as cruelly as this?
我曾想帮助这些人们和他们的国王,他们怎么能决定如此残酷地惩罚我呢?
Your enemies were most disappointed with Reldresal s plan,my friend went on.
你的敌人对瑞颛沙的计划很失望,我的朋友继续说,
They said you were a Big—Endi-an in your heart,and reminded the King how much you cost Lilliput in food and drink.
他们说你内心就是个大端派人,并且提醒国王你要耗费利力浦特多少吃的喝的。
Reldresal spoke again,to suggest saving money by giving you a little less food every day.
瑞颛沙再次发言,建议每天少给你一点食物来节约钱,
In this way youd become ill,and in a few months youd die.
这样你将病倒,几个月后你将死去。
And so they all agreed.
这样他们都同意了。
In three days Reldresal will be sent to explain your punishment to you.
三天内瑞颛沙将被派来通知你国王对你很仁慈,
He'll inform you that the King has been very kind to you,and that you're lucky to lose only your eyes.
而你也很幸运只是失去视力,
You'll be tied dowu,and very sharp arrows will be shot into your eyes.
你将被绑住,非常锐利的箭将射进你的双眼,
The King's doctors will make sure that you can no longer see.
国王的医生将确保你再也看不见。
This is terrible news! I said,but thank you for warning me,my dear friend.
这真是可怕的消息!我说,非常感谢你来通知我,我的朋友。
You alone must decide what to do, he replied,and now I must leave you,so that nobody suspects me of warning you.
你必须自己决定怎么做,他回答说,现在我必须离开你,以免让人怀疑我来通知了你。
关于《格列佛游记》关于农民女儿的描写—格列佛被带到一个集镇,接着被带到了首都—旅途中的详情。