搜索

有声读物《格列佛游记》第22期:第5章 到布罗卜丁奈格(1)

查看: 352.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:54:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《格列佛游记》第22期:第5章 到布罗卜丁奈格(1)
Chapter 5 A voyage to Brobdingnag
第5章 到布罗卜丁奈格
I left Bristol on June 20th,1702,in a ship which was sailing to India.
我于1702年6月20日离开布里斯托尔,搭乘一艘驶往印度的船。
We had good sailing weather until we reached the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa,
直到我们到达南非好望角,
where we landed to get fresh water.
天气一直有利于航行。
We had to stay there for the winter,however,
在好望角,我们登陆取了淡水,
because the ship needed repairs and the captain was ill.
不过我们不得不留在那儿过冬,因为船需要维修,船长也生病了。
In the spring we left Africa and sailed round the island of Madagascar into the Indian Ocean.
春天里我们离开了非洲绕着马达加斯加岛进入印度洋。
But on 19th April the wind began to blow very violently from the west,
4月19日起从西边来的风开始猛烈地刮起来了,
and we were driv-en to the east of the Molucca Islands.
我们被刮到了摩鹿加群岛以东。
On 2nd May the wind stopped blowing and the sea was calm.
5月2日风停了,海面又恢复了平静。
But our captain,who knew that part of the world very well,warned us that there would be a storm the next day.
可是我们的船长警告我们,第二天还会有风暴,他对这一部分世界了解得很清楚,
So we prepared the ship as well as we could,and waited.
所以我们尽可能把船检修好,准备迎战。
The captain was right.On 3rd May the wind began to get stronger.
船长说对了。5月3日风势渐猛,
It was a wild,dangerous wind,blowing from the south this time.
这是非常狂乱、危险的风,这次从南面刮来。
We had to take down our sails as the storm hit our ship.
风暴袭来时,我们不得不取下风帆。
Huge waves crashed down on to us,and the wind drove our helpless ship eastwards into.the Pacific Ocean.
巨大的海浪向我们砸来,风把我们无助的船向东刮进了太平洋。
For several days we struggled with the wind and waves,
我们与风浪搏斗了好几天,
but at last the storm died away and the sea was calm again.
最后冈暴平息,海面再次恢复平静。
关于《格列佛游记》格列佛讨好国王和王后的几种方法—他表现了他的音乐才能—国王询问关于英国的情况,格列佛就此所做的叙述——国王的意见。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部