When I was alone,I thought about the situation for a long time.
当剩下我一个人时,我考虑了很久我的处境。
Perhaps I was wrong,but I could not see that the King was being kind and generous in ordering such an inhuman pun-ishment.
也许我错了。但是我看不出国王下令做如此不人道的处罚有什么仁慈和大度。
What should I do?I could ask for a trial,but I was not confident of the judgeshonesty.
我该怎么办?我可以请求审判,但是我对法官的诚实没有信心;
I could attack the capital and kill all the Lilliputians,but when I remembered the King's past kindness to me,I did not want to do that.
我可以袭击都城杀死所有的利力浦特人;但是当我想起国王过去对我的仁慈我就不想这样做了。
At last I decided to escape.
最后我决定逃走。
And so,before Reldresal came to tell me of my punishment,I went to the north of Lilliput,where our ships lay.
因此,在瑞颛沙来通知我对我的处罚之前,我到了利力浦特北部,那儿停着我们的船只。
I took my clothes off and put them into one of the largest warships.
我脱下衣服,放在最大的一个战船中,
I also put a blanket into it.
还放了一床毯子。
Then I stepped into the sea,and swam to Blefuscu.
还放了一床毯子。
By pulling the Lilliput warship behind me,I kept my clothes and blanket dry.
身后拖着利力浦特的战船,因而我的衣服和毯子没有弄湿。
When I arrived,the King of Blefuscu sent two guides to show me the way to the capital.
我到达时,不来夫斯古的国王派了两个向导领我去都城。
There I met the King,the Queen and the lords and ladies in their coaches.
我见到了国王、王后及王公和贵妇,他们坐在车里。
I explained that I had come to visit Blefuscu,as I had been invited.
我解释说我是应邀来访问不来夫斯古的,
However,I did not say anything about the punishment waiting for me in Lilliput.
不过我并没有提到利力浦特等着我的处罚。
They welcomed me warmly.
他们热情地欢迎我。
That night,as there was no building big enough for me,I slept on the ground,covered by my blanket.
那天晚上,因为没有够大的建筑给我住,我只有睡在地上,盖着我的毯子。
It was not as comfortable as my bed in Lilliput,but I did not mind.
这没有我在利力浦特的床舒适,不过我不介意。
关于《格列佛游记》格列佛奉召入宫—王后从他的农民主人手里把他买下来献给国王—他和国王陛下的大学者们辩论—朝廷为格列佛提供了一个房间—他深得王后的欢心—他为祖国的荣誉辩护—他和王后的侏儒吵嘴。