"Well," said the Cowardly Lion, drawing a long breath of relief, " I see we are going to live a little while longer,
“好了,”胆小的狮子吸着一口长长的气安慰地说,“我们都能活得再长点了,
and I am glad of it, for it must be a very uncomfortable thing not to be alive.
我很高兴,因为死毕竟不是什么好事。
Those creatures frightened me so badly that my heart is beating yet."
这些该死的怪兽,那样凶猛的扑过来,使得我的心现在还跳得很厉害呢。”
"Ah," said the Tin Woodman sadly, "I wish I had a heart to beat."
铁皮人却忧愁地说:“唉,我倒希望我有一个心被吓得扑通扑通地跳着。”
This adventure made the travelers more anxious than ever to get out of the forest,
这样的冒险使这些旅客们更加急切地要离开这个森林。
and they walked so fast that Dorothy became tired, and had to ride on the Lion's back.
他们走得特别快,多萝茜非常疲倦不得不骑在狮子的背上。
To their great joy the trees became thinner the farther they advanced,
一段时间过后树木逐渐变得稀疏,这让他们个个都兴奋起来。
and in the afternoon they suddenly came upon a broad river, flowing swiftly just before them.
下午,他们突然走到了一条宽阔的大河前,河水流得很急。
On the other side of the water they could see the road of yellow brick running through a beautiful country,
他们看见在河对岸的黄砖路通过一个美丽的地方。
with green meadows dotted with bright flowers and all the road bordered with trees hanging full of delicious fruits.
在那绿油油的草地上,点缀着发光的花朵;砖路两旁的树木,挂满了鲜果。
They were greatly pleased to see this delightful country before them.
他们看见前面有这么一块美好的地方心中充满了希望。
"How shall we cross the river?" asked Dorothy.
多萝茜问:“我们怎么过河?”
"That is easily done," replied the Scarecrow. "The Tin Woodman must build us a raft, so we can float to the other side."
稻草人回答说:“那很简单的,铁皮人必须给我们造个木筏,这样我们就可以漂到对岸去。”