He laughed, and there was an edge to his laughter.
他大笑起来,但笑声很快戛然而止。
"Have fun at the beach… good weather for sunbathing." He glanced out at the sheeting rain.
“祝你在海滩过得愉快……这实在是适合日光浴的好天气。”他看了一眼窗外的雨帘。
"Won't I see you tomorrow?"
“我明天不能见到你吗?”
"No. Emmett and I are starting the weekend early."
“不能。这周末艾密特和我会动身得很早。”
"What are you going to do?" A friend could ask that, right? I hoped the disappointment wasn't too apparent in my voice.
“你们要去做什么?”一个朋友能这样问,对吧?我希望我声音里的失落不要表现得太明显。
"We're going to be hiking in the Goat Rocks Wilderness, just south of Rainier."
“我们要去山羊岩荒地远足,就在雷尼尔国家公园的南部。”
I remembered Charlie had said the Cullens went camping frequently.
我记得查理提过卡伦一家经常去露营。
"Oh, well, have fun." I tried to sound enthusiastic. I don't think I fooled him, though. A smile was playing around the edges of his lips.
“哦,嗯,过得愉快。”我试图让自己的声音显得更热切些。但我不觉得我能骗得过他。他的嘴角浮起一抹微笑。
"Will you do something for me this weekend?" He turned to look me straight in the face, utilizing the full power of his burning gold eyes.
“这个周末你愿意帮我个忙吗?”他转过身来,脸直视着我,充分利用他那双燃烧着的金色眸子的魔力。
I nodded helplessly.
我无助地点了点头。
"Don't be offended, but you seem to be one of those people who just attract accidents like a magnet. So… try not to fall into the ocean or get run over or anything, all right?" He smiled crookedly.
“别生气,但你似乎是那种像吸铁石一样吸引着意外事故的人。所以……尽量别掉进海里,也别被什么绊倒,行吗?”他邪恶地笑着。
The helplessness had faded as he spoke. I glared at him.
他一开口,我的无助感就荡然无存了。我瞪着他。
"I'll see what I can do," I snapped as I jumped out into the rain. I slammed the door behind me with excessive force.
“我会留意,看我能帮上什么忙的。”我嚷道,然后跳进雨里。我格外用力地“砰”地一声摔上了身后的门。
He was still smiling as he drove away.
他仍在笑着,把车开走了。“暮光之城”作者斯蒂芬妮·梅尔被指抄袭在一封寄予梅尔女士的出版商桦榭出版集团的信件中,威廉姆斯详细对比了两部作品,他表示,《破晓》中逐字的抄袭并不多,但很多情节以及主人公的特点都很相似。他举出一场婚礼、一次海滩幽会以及从人类变成吸血鬼的转变的描写为例,同时,他还补充说两书中的主人公都将自己的妻子称呼为“爱”。而桦榭的代表则认为这种谴责“毫无依据”,并称梅尔本人完全没听说过《夜曲》这本书,而“暮光之城”系列完全是她的原创。桦榭集团同时指出梅尔的书“已经造成了非凡的轰动”,因此“有其他人想要跟着沾光并不奇怪”。而威廉姆斯律师则表示斯科特女士计划在接下来几周内向美国联邦法院递交诉讼,控告梅尔侵犯版权。“我觉得大家应该把两本书都读一遍,再做出自己的判断,就像一个法官会做的那样。”威廉姆斯说。