搜索

有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第28期:打开的书(9)

查看: 256.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:19:58 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第28期:打开的书(9)
  Mr. Banner came to our table then, to see why we weren't working. He looked over our shoulders to glance at the completed lab,and then stared more intently to check the answers.
  这时,班纳先生过来了,来看我们为什么不做实验。他的目光越过我们的肩膀,瞅了一眼已经完成的试验,然后更加目不转睛地检查了我们的答案。
  "So, Edward, didn't you think Isabella should get a chance with the microscope?" Mr. Banner asked.
  "看来,爱德华,你认为伊萨贝拉不应该有机会摸一摸显微镜喽?"班纳先生问道。
  "Bella," Edward corrected automatically. "Actually, she identified three of the five."
  "是贝拉,"爱德华不假思索地予以了纠正,"实际上,5个当中有3个是她找出来的。"
  Mr. Banner looked at me now; his expression was skeptical.
  班纳这时把目光投向了我,一脸怀疑的表情。
  "Have you done this lab before?" he asked.
  "你以前做过这个试验?"他问。
  I smiled sheepishly. "Not with onion root."
  我不好意思地笑了:"不是用的洋葱。"
  "Whitefish blastula?"
  "是白鱼囊胚?"
  "Yeah."
  "是呀。"
  Mr. Banner nodded. "Were you in an advanced placement program in Phoenix?"
  班纳先生点了点头:"你在凤凰城学过大学先修课程 ?"
  "Yes."
  "对。"
  "Well," he said after a moment, "I guess it's good you two are lab partners." He mumbled something else as he walked away. After he left, I began doodling on my notebook again.
  "哦,"过了一会儿,他说,"我想你们俩做实验搭档挺好。"他走开的时候嘴里还含糊不清地说了点儿别的什么。他走开以后,我又开始在笔记本上乱涂起来。
  "It's too bad about the snow, isn't it?" Edward asked. I had the feeling that he was forcing himself to make small talk with me. Paranoia swept over me again. It was like he had heard my conversation with Jessica at lunch and was trying to prove me wrong.
  "下雪不是太糟吧?"爱德华问。我有一种感觉,觉得他是在强迫自己跟我聊这些家长里短的话题。我又开始犯多疑症了。好像他听到了我跟杰西卡午饭时的谈话并试图证明我错了似的。
  "Not really," I answered honestly, instead of pretending to be normal like everyone else. I was still trying to dislodge the stupid feeling of suspicion, and I couldn't concentrate.
  "不会吧,"我老老实实地回答,而不是像所有其他人那样假装正常。我还在试图把那愚蠢的疑神疑鬼的感觉撵走,所以集中不了注意力。
  "You don't like the cold." It wasn't a question.
  "你不喜欢冷。"这不是在问我。
  "Or the wet."
  "或者说湿。"
  "Forks must be a difficult place for you to live," he mused.
  "福克斯这个地方,你肯定很难呆下去,"他若有所思地说道。
  "You have no idea," I muttered darkly.
  "你根本不了解情况,"我不高兴地喃喃自语道。
  He looked fascinated by what I said, for some reason I couldn't imagine. His face was such a distraction that I tried not to look at it any more than courtesy absolutely demanded.
  他好像让我的话给迷住了,我想象不出是什么原因。他的脸色是那样地神不守舍,弄得要不是出于必须的礼仪,八五八书房我都不敢看了。
  "Why did you come here, then?"
  "那么,你干吗要来这里呢?"
  No one had asked me that — not straight out like he did, demanding.
  没有一个人问过我这个问题——像他那么直截了当,完全是在盘问嘛。
  "It's… complicated."
  "原……原因很复杂。"
  "I think I can keep up," he pressed.
  "我想我能听下去,"他催促道。
  I paused for a long moment, and then made the mistake of meeting his gaze. His dark gold eyes confused me, and I answered without thinking.
  我顿了好一会儿,然后犯了个错误,跟他凝视的目光碰到了一起。他那双深色的金眼睛让我犯晕了,我想都没想,就回答了。
  "My mother got remarried," I said.
  "我母亲又嫁人了,"我说。
  "That doesn't sound so complex," he disagreed, but he was suddenly sympathetic. "When did that happen?"
  "这听上去不是很复杂嘛,"他表示了异议,但他突然很同情地问了一句,"什么时候的事儿?"
  "Last September." My voice sounded sad, even to me.
  "去年9月份。"我的声音听上去很伤心,就连我自己听了都这么觉得。
  "And you don't like him," Edward surmised, his tone still kind.
  "你不喜欢他?"爱德华猜测道,他的语气依然很友好。
  "No, Phil is fine. Too young, maybe, but nice enough."
  "不,菲尔很不错。或许,太年轻了一点,但真的够好了。"
  "Why didn't you stay with them?"
  "你干吗不跟他们在一起呢?"
  I couldn't fathom his interest, but he continued to stare at me with penetrating eyes, as if my dull life's story was somehow vitally important.
  我琢磨不透他的兴趣所在,但他依旧用那双具有洞察力的眼睛在目不转睛地盯着我,好像我单调乏味的生活经历极其重要似的。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部