搜索

有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第1期:我愿幸福地死去

查看: 163.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:20:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第1期:我愿幸福地死去
I'd never given much thought to how I would die—
我从未多想我将如何死去,
though I'd had reason enough in the last few months—
虽然在过去的几个月我有足够的理由去思考这个问题,
but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
但是即使我有想过,也从未想到死亡将如此地降临。
I stared without breathing across the long room,
我屏息静气地望着房间的另一头,
into the dark eyes of the hunter, and he looked pleasantly back at me.
远远地凝视着猎人那深邃的眼眸,而他则以愉快的目光回应我。
Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved.
这无疑是一个不错的死法,死在别人——我钟爱的人的家里。
Noble, even. That ought to count for something.
甚至可以说轰轰烈烈。这应该算是死得其所。
I knew that if I'd never gone to Forks, I wouldn't be facing death now.
我知道如果我没有来福克斯的话,此刻也就不必面对死亡。
But, terrified as I was, I couldn't bring myself to regret the decision.
但是,尽管我害怕,也不会后悔当初的决定。
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations,
当生活给了你一个远远超过你期望的美梦,
it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
那么当这一切结束时也就没有理由再去伤心。
The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he sauntered forward to kill me.
猎人带着友好的微笑,从容不迫地走向我——来了却我的生命。
Chapter 1. FIRST SIGHT
第一章 初见
My mother drove me to the airport with the windows rolled down.
妈妈开车送我去的机场,一路上车窗都敞开着。
It was seventy-five degrees in Phoenix, the sky a perfect, cloudless blue.
凤凰城当天的气温是75华氏度,蔚蓝的天空,万里无云。
I was wearing my favorite shirt—sleeveless, white eyelet lace;
我穿着自己最喜欢的那件无袖网眼白色蕾丝衬衣;
I was wearing it as a farewell gesture. My carry-on item was a parka.
我之所以穿这件衬衫,是用它来跟凤凰城作别的。手上还拎着一件派克式外套。
In the Olympic Peninsula of northwest Washington State,
华盛顿州西北的奥林匹克半岛上,
a small town named Forks exists under a near-constant cover of clouds.
有一座名叫福克斯的小镇,那里几乎常年笼罩着乌云。
It rains on this inconsequential town more than any other place in the United States of America.
这个微不足道的小镇上的雨水比美利坚的任何地方都要多。
It was from this town and its gloomy, omnipresent shade that my mother escaped with me when I was only a few months old.
妈妈就是从这个小镇那阴郁而又无处躲藏的阴影之下,带着我逃出来的,当时我才几个月。
It was in this town that I'd been compelled to spend a month every summer until I was fourteen.
就是这个小镇,我每年夏天都不得不去袋上一个月,直到我满十四岁。
That was the year I finally put my foot down; these past three summers, my dad, Charlie, vacationed with me in California for two weeks instead.
就是在那一年,我终于拿定主意说不肯去;结果最近三个夏天,爸爸查理没办法只好带我去加利福尼亚度假,在那里过上两个星期。
It was to Forks that I now exiled myself—an action that I took with great horror. I detested Forks.
我这次自我流放的目的地就是福克斯——采取这次行动令我恐惧不已。 我憎恶福克斯。
I loved Phoenix. I loved the sun and the blistering heat.
我喜爱凤凰城。我喜爱阳光,喜爱酷热。
I loved the vigorous, sprawling city.
我喜欢这座活力四射、杂乱无章、不断扩张的大城市。
"Bella," my mom said to me—the last of a thousand times—before I got on the plane. "You don't have to do this."
“贝拉,”上飞机之前,妈妈对我说,这话她已经说了九百九十九遍了,“你没有必要这样做。”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部