搜索

有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第5期:意外惊喜

查看: 275.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:20:10 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第5期:意外惊喜
Well, now, you're welcome, he mumbled, embarrassed by my thanks.
好啦,不必客气了,他喃喃道,他让我谢得不好意思了。
We exchanged a few more comments on the weather, which was wet, and that was pretty much it for Conversation.
我们聊了聊潮湿的天气,这可不是什么可以让人聊个没完的话题。
We stared out the windows in silence.
接着,我们默默地看着窗外。
It was beautiful, of course, I could not deny that.
风景当然很漂亮,这一点我不能否认。
Everything was green: the trees, their trunks covered with moss, their branches hanging with a canopy of it, the ground covered with ferns.
放眼望去,满眼皆绿:树是绿色的,树干上的苔藓是绿色的,树枝上浓密的树叶是绿色的,地上的蕨类植物也是绿色的。
Even the air filtered down greenly through the leaves.
就连从树叶之间滤下的空气,也都染上了一层绿意。
It was too green, an alien planet.
太绿了——简直是另外一个星球。
Eventually we made it to Charlie's.
终于,我们到了查理的家。
He still lived in the small, two bedroom house that he 'd bought with my mother in the early days of their marriage.
他还住在那套两居的小房子里,是他跟我妈妈在结婚之初买下来的。
Those were the only kind of days their marriage had the early ones.
他们的婚姻也就仅有那么一段日子——新婚燕尔的那几天。
There, parked on the street in front of the house that never changed, was my new, well, new to me, truck.
在他那一切如昨的房子前面,停着我的新卡车,对了,应该说是对我而言的新卡车。
It was a faded red color, with big, rounded fenders and a bulbous cab.
褪了色的红色,圆圆大大的挡泥板,还有一个灯泡形状的驾驶室。
To my intense surprise, I loved it.
大出我意料的是,我竟然很喜欢它。
I did not know if it would run, but I could see myself in it.
我不知道它开不开得走,但我能从它的身上看到我自己的影子。
Plus, it was one of those solid iron affairs that never gets damaged,
而且,它是那种结结实实,永远也坏不了的铁疙瘩,
the kind you see at the scene of an accident, paint unscratched, surrounded by the pieces of the foreign car it had destroyed.
就是你在车祸现场看到的那种结实玩意儿:自己身上漆都没蹭掉一点儿,而周围却一片狼藉,全是毁在它手下的外国汽车的碎块儿。
Wow, Dad, I love it, Thanks!
哇,谢谢爸爸,我非常喜欢它!
Now my horrific day tomorrow would be just that much less dreadful.
现在看来,我明天面临的恐怖会大大地减轻了,
I would not be faced with the choice of either walking two miles in the rain to school or accepting a ride in the Chief's cruiser.
用不着在冒雨徒步走两英里去上学和同意搭警长的巡逻车这两者中做选择了。
I'm glad you like it, Charlie said gruffly, embarrassed again.
我很高兴你那么喜欢它。查理生硬地说道,又不好意思了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部