Chapter 16 Miss Havisham realizes how Pip has suffered
第16章 郝薇香小姐认识到匹普蒙受了不少痛苦
When I went to see Miss Havisham the next day,as she had requested,her house looked darker than ever,and I realized how lonely she was without Estella.
当我第二天去看郝薇香小姐时,由于她的要求,她的屋子看来比以前更黑暗,我认识到,没有艾丝黛拉,她是多么的孤独。
She looked sadly at me.
她伤心地看着我。
Tell me,Pip,she said,stretching out her hand to me,how can I help your friend?You said something about it last time.
告诉我,匹普,她向我伸出手说,我怎么才能帮助你的朋友?上一次有关这件事你说了一点儿。
I explained my agreement with Clarrikers to make Herbert a partner.Nine hundred pounds still had to be paid.
我解释我同克拉雷克斯的协议,让赫伯特有股份,仍然有900英镑必须支付。
And you will be happier if I pay this?
如果我支付这些,你会更高兴?
Much happier.
会很高兴。
can't I help you yourself,Pip?
我不能帮助你自己吗?匹普。
There is nothing you can do,I answered.
你没有什么可帮的,我回答说。
She wrote a cheque which she handed to me.Mr Jaggers will give you the money.
她写了一张支票递给我,贾格斯先生会给你钱。
And-here,Pip,handing me another piece of paper,here is a note with my name on.If,one day,you can write under my nameI forgive her,please do it.
这儿,匹普,她递给我另一张纸,这儿是带有我名字的票据。如果,有一天,你能在我的名字下面写上我原谅她,请你这样做。
关于《远大前程》并且希望最后能娶骄傲的埃·斯黛拉,他不但找了个叫毕蒂的女人,还找了村里的老修女。