搜索

有声读物《远大前程》 第25期:第4章 一份从陌生人那里来的礼品(3)

查看: 129.6k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:44:50 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《远大前程》 第25期:第4章 一份从陌生人那里来的礼品(3)
Look at me,boy!Am I pretty?
看着我,孩子!我漂亮吗?
Yes,I think you're very pretty.
是的,我认为你很漂亮。
Am I rude to you?'
我对你不友好吗?
Not as much as last time.'
比上次好一些。
She hit my face as hard as she could.
她拼命地揙我一个耳光。
Now,you coarse little boy,what do you think of me?
喂,你这个粗俗的小孩子,你现在觉得我怎么样?
I won't tell you.
我不告诉你。
Why don't you cry again,you fool?
你为什么不再哭鼻子呢?你这个傻瓜。
Because I'll never cry for you again,'I said,which was a very false promise,
因为,我永远不会再为你哭鼻子,我说,但是,这话是自欺欺人的。
because I was crying inside at the time,and only I know how much I cried for her later.
因为,这次在内心里还是哭了,只有我知道,我不记恨她。
On our way upstairs we met a gentleman coming down in the dark.
在我们上楼的路上,遇见一位先生正在摸黑下楼。
He was a large,heavy man,with a very dark skin,sharp eyes,and a huge head,almost bald on the top.
他是个身材魁梧的家伙,皮肤很黑、小眼睛、大脑袋,几乎是秃了顶,
His hands smelt strongly of perfumed soap.I didn't know then how important he would ha later on in my life.
他的双手有一股扑鼻的香肥皂味。我并不知道他在我以后的生活中起多大作用。
Who's this?he asked Estella,stopping to look at me. A local boy. Miss Havisham sent for him,'she replied.
这是谁呀?他停止脚步,望着我问艾丝黛拉。一个当地的孩子,郝薇香小姐让他来的。他回答说。
Well,in my experience most boys are bad,'he said to me.Behave yourself!
噢,以我的了解看,大部分孩子都很坏,他对我说。要规矩点!
He bit the side of his large finger as he frowned at me,and then continued downstairs.
他向我皱着眉头,用粗大的手指弹我一下。然后,继续下楼。
This time Miss Havisham was in another room,which I had not seen before.
这一次,郝薇香小姐是在一间我以前没有见过的房间里,
All the furniture was covered in dust.In the candle-light I could see a long table,in the middle of which was a large yellow shape,with hundreds of insects feeding off it.
所有的陈设布满尘土,在影影绰绰的烛光下,我能看见一张长桌,桌子中间有一大块黄色的圆东西,上面有成千上万只虫子在叮食。
关于《远大前程》作者狄更斯经历了丰富的人间生活后,对人,对周围环境,对自己的生活经历都有了深刻的认识,而所有他成熟的思想认识都汇总在《远大前程》一书中。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部