搜索

有声读物《远大前程》 第6期:第1章 匹普与一位陌生人相遇(6)

查看: 22.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:45:54 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《远大前程》 第6期:第1章 匹普与一位陌生人相遇(6)
It's the young man!I thought,feeling a pain in my heart.
就是那个年轻人!我想,心里很害怕。
When I arrived at the shelter,I found the right man.
当我到达那个遮蔽体时,找到了第一个囚犯。
He looked so cold and hungry that I felt sorry for him.
他看上去饥寒交迫,我为他感到很内疚。
Trembling violently he swallowed the brandy and ate the food like a hunt-ed animal,looking around him all the time for danger.
他好像恶狼一样,抖抖嗦嗦地往嘴里填着食物,喝着白兰地。
You're sure you didn't tell anyone?Or bring anyone?
你保证你没告诉任何人?没有带任何人来吧?
No,sir.I'm glad you're enjoying the food,sir.
没有,先生,你吃得这么有滋味,我真高兴,先生。
Thank you,my boy.You've been good to a poor man.
谢谢你,我的孩子。你给一个穷苦人办了一件好事。
But I'm afraid there won't be any left for him.
我很害怕,没有留点吃的给他。
Him? Who's that?My friend stopped in the middle of eating.
他?谁呀?我的朋友停下吃了半截的东西问道。
The young man who travels with you.
就是和你一起来的那个小伙子。
Oh,him!he replied,smiling.He doesn't want any food.
噢,他吗!他讥笑着说,他是不吃东西的。
I thought he looked rather hungry,I answered.
我看他的样子很饿,我回答说。
He stared at me in great surprise.Looked?When?
他十分惊讶的盯着我,看样子?什么时候?
Just now,over there.I found him half asleep and I thought it was you.
刚才,在那边儿。我发现他正在打瞌睡,开始我还认为是你呢。
He was dressed like you,and—I was anxious to express this politely-he had the same reason for wanting to borrow a file.
他穿的衣服和您一样,还有…我犹豫了一下,用这种文雅的表达方式,…他有一个同样的理由,要借一把锉。
Then I did hear them fire the gun last night!
而且,我昨晚听到了他们的枪声!
You know,boy,when you're on the marsh alone at night,you imagine all kinds of things,voices calling,guns firing,soldiers marching!
你知道,孩子,当你在晚上独自一人在沼泽地里,你想想,所有形形色色的东西,尖叫声,枪击声,士兵们向前挺进!
But show me where this man went.I'll find him and I'll fin-ish with him!
指给我这个人去的路,我会找到他,结束他的性命!
I'll smash his face!Give me the file first.
打烂他的脸!先给我锉。
I was afraid of him now that he was angry again.
他再一次发怒,我现在很怕他。
I'm sorry,I must go home now,I said.
对不起,我现在该回家了,我说,
He did not seem to hear,so I left him bending over his leg and filing away at his iron chain like a madman.
他似乎没听到,他头冲着膝盖,像一个疯子一样,正往下锉脚镣。
Halfway home I stopped in the mist to listen,and I could still hear the sound of the file.
因此,我趁机溜走,回家的半路上我在浓雾中停住了脚步,听听声音,我仍然能听到锉脚镣的声音。
关于《远大前程》不久,富有的老处女郝维辛小姐派人为她寻觅一个男孩,以伴老服务的名义,来实施她恶毒的爱情游戏的计划,皮普被选中了,每天忍受喜怒无常的骄傲的埃·斯黛拉的羞辱和老处女郝维辛小姐的嘲笑。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部