搜索

有声读物《远大前程》 第54期:第9章 乔的来访(2)

查看: 20.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:45:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《远大前程》 第54期:第9章 乔的来访(2)
Well!What a gentleman you are now,Pip!
喂!你现在是一名绅士,匹普!
And you look wonderfully well,Joe.
你的气色好极了,乔。
Yes,thank God.And your poor sister is no worse.
是的,感谢上帝。你可怜的姐姐也不错,
And Biddy is as hard-working as ever.
毕蒂像以前一样努力地干活。
But Wopsle isn't our church clerk any longer!
不过,伍甫赛不像以前是我们的教堂职员啦!
He's become an actor!Acting in one of your London theatres,he is!
他成了一名演员!他正扮演你们伦敦戏院的一个角色!
Joe's eyes rolled around the room,noticing the expensive furniture I had bught recently.
乔的眼睛扫视着屋子周围,发现了最近我买的那件昂贵的家具。
Do sit down to breakfast,Mr Gargery,said Herbert politely.
坐下吃早餐吧,葛吉瑞先生,赫伯特礼貌地说。
Joe looked round desperately for a place to put his hat,and finally laid it lovingly on a shelf.
乔绝望地四周寻找一个放帽子的地方。最后,他恋恋不舍地把帽子放在一个架子上。
Breakfast was a painful experience for me.
对我来说,早餐是一个痛苦的经历,
Joe waved his fork in the air so much,and dropped so much more than he ate,that I was glad when Her-bert left to go to work.
乔频繁地在空中挥舞着他的叉子,吃的还没有掉得多,当赫伯特离开去工作时,我很高兴,
I was not sensitive enough to realize that it was all my fault,and that if I hadn't considered him common,he wouldn't have been so clumsy.
我不那么敏感了,认识到都是我的过错,如果我不认为他粗俗,他就不会如此笨拙的。
As we are now alone,sir——began Joe.
现在只剩下我们两个了,先生—他开始说。
Joe,I said crossly,how can you call me sir?
乔,我不高兴地说,你怎么能叫我先生呢?
He looked at me quietly for a moment.
他平静地看了我一会儿,
Wouldn't have come,you see,he said slowly and carefully.wouldn't have had the pleasure of breakfast with you gentlemen.
不打算来的,你明白,他慢吞吞地、认真地说,和你们绅士不会吃一顿愉快的早餐,
But I had to come.Got a message for you,Pip.Miss Havisham says Es-tella's come home and would be glad to see you.
但是,我必须来,让你得到一个信息,匹普。郝薇香小姐说,艾丝黛拉回来了,她很乐意见见你。
I felt the blood rush to my face as I heard her name.
当我听到她的名字时,顿时面红耳赤。
And now I've given my message,said Joe,standing up and picking up his hat.Pip,I wish you even more success.
现在我已经转达了我的信息,乔说,站起来拾起他的帽子,匹普,我祝你更加成功。
But you aren't leaving already,Joe?I protested.
你要走吗?乔。我不同意地说。
关于《远大前程》作者狄更斯经历了丰富的人间生活后,对人,对周围环境,对自己的生活经历都有了深刻的认识,而所有他成熟的思想认识都汇总在《远大前程》一书中。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部