搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第263期

查看: 337.8k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第263期
The flesh on the shoulder is torn as well as cut.
怎么肩膀上的肉撕掉了,而且还割开了?
This wound was not done with a knife. There have been teeth here!
这不是刀伤。牙齿在这里咬了一下。
"She bit me," he murmured. "She worried me like a tigress, when Rochester got the knife from her."
“她咬了我,”他咕哝着。“罗切斯特从她手里把刀夺下来以后,她就像一头雌老虎那样撕咬着我。”
"You should not have yielded. You should have grappled with her at once," said Mr. Rochester.
“你不该退让,应当立即抓住她。”罗切斯特先生说。
"But under such circumstances, what could one do?" returned Mason.
“可是在那种情况下,你还能怎么样呢?”梅森回答道。
"Oh, it was frightful!" he added, shuddering.
“啊,太可怕了!”他颤抖着补充道。
And I did not expect it. She looked so quiet at first.
而我没有料到,起初她看上去那么平静。
"I warned you," was his friend's answer.
“我警告过你,”他的朋友回答。
I said — be on your guard when you go near her.
我说 — 你走近她时要当心。
Besides, you might have waited till to-morrow, and had me with you.
此外,你满可以等到明天,让我同你一起去。
It was mere folly to attempt the interview tonight, and alone.
今天晚上就想去见她,而且单独去,实在是够傻的。
I thought I could have done some good.
我想我可以做些好事。
You thought! You thought! Yes, it makes me impatient to hear you.
你想!你想!不错,听你这么说真让我感到不耐烦。
But, however, you have suffered, and are likely to suffer enough for not taking my advice, so I'll say no more.
不过你毕竟还是吃了苦头,不听我劝告你会吃够苦头,所以我以后不说了。
Carter, hurry! hurry! The sun will soon rise, and I must have him off.
卡特,快点!快点!太阳马上要出来了,我得把他弄走。
Directly, sir. The shoulder is just bandaged.
马上好,先生。肩膀已经包扎好了。
I must look to this other wound in the arm.
我得治疗一下胳膊上的另一个伤口。
She has had her teeth here too, I think.
我想她的牙齿在这里咬了一下。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部