搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第265期

查看: 152.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第265期
"Was anybody stirring below when you went down, Jane?" inquired Mr. Rochester presently.
“你下楼的时候别人有动静吗,简?”罗切斯特先生立刻问。
No, sir, all was very still.
没有,先生,一点声息也没有。
We shall get you off cannily, Dick.
我们会小心地让你走掉,迪克。
And it will be better, both for your sake, and for that of the poor creature in yonder.
这对你自己,对那边的可怜虫都比较好。
I have striven long to avoid exposure, and I should not like it to come at last.
我一直竭力避免曝光,也不想到头来泄露出去。
Here, Carter, help him on with his waist-coat.
来,卡特,帮他穿上背心。
Where did you leave your furred cloak?
你的毛皮斗篷放在哪儿了?
You can't travel a mile without that, I know, in this damned cold climate.
我知道,在这种见鬼的冷天气里,没有斗篷,连一英里都走不了。
In your room? Jane, run down to Mr. Mason's room, the one next mine, and fetch a cloak you will see there.
在你房间里吗?简,跑下楼到梅森先生的房间去,在我的隔壁,把你看到的斗篷拿来。
Again I ran, and again returned, bearing an immense mantle lined and edged with fur.
我又跑下去,跑回来,捧回一件皮夹里皮镶边大斗篷。
"Now, I've another errand for you," said my untiring master.
“现在我还要差你做另一件事,”我那不知疲倦的主人说。
You must away to my room again.
你得再去我房间一趟。
What a mercy you are shod with velvet, Jane!
幸亏你穿的是丝绒鞋,简!
A clod-hopping messenger would never do at this juncture.
在这种时候,粗手笨脚的听差绝对不行。
You must open the middle drawer of my toilet-table and take out a little phial and a little glass you will find there, quick!
你得打开我梳妆台的中间抽屉,把你看到的一个小瓶子和一个小杯拿来,快!
I flew thither and back, bringing the desired vessels.
我飞也似地去了又来,揣着他要的瓶子。
That's well! Now, doctor, I shall take the liberty of administering a dose myself, on my own responsibility.
干得好!行啦,医生,我要擅自用药了,我自己负责,这瓶兴奋剂。
I got this cordial at Rome, of an Italian charlatan — a fellow you would have kicked, Carter.
我是从罗马一位意大利庸医那儿搞来的 — 这家伙,你准会踹他一脚,卡特。
It is not a thing to be used indiscriminately, but it is good upon occasion: as now, for instance. Jane, a little water.
这东西不能包治百病,但有时还灵,譬如说现在。简,拿点水来。
He held out the tiny glass, and I half filled it from the water-bottle on the washstand.
他递过那小玻璃杯,我从脸盆架上的水瓶里倒了半杯水。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部