搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第266期

查看: 344.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第266期
That will do. Now wet the lip of the phial.
够了。现在用水把瓶口抹一下。
I did so. He measured twelve drops of a crimson liquid, and presented it to Mason.
我这么做了。他滴了十二滴深红色液体,把它递给梅森。
Drink, Richard. It will give you the heart you lack, for an hour or so.
喝吧,理查德,它会把你所缺乏的勇气鼓起来,保持一小时左右。
But will it hurt me? Is it inflammatory?
可是对身体有害吗?有没有刺激性?
Drink! drink! drink!
喝呀!喝呀!喝呀!
Mr. Mason obeyed, because it was evidently useless to resist.
梅森先生服从了,显然抗拒也无济于事。
He was dressed now. He still looked pale, but he was no longer gory and sullied.
这时他已穿戴停当。看上去仍很苍白,但已不再血淋淋,脏兮兮。
Mr. Rochester let him sit three minutes after he had swallowed the liquid. He then took his arm.
罗切斯特先生让他在喝了那液体后,又坐了三分钟。随后握住他胳膊。
“Now I am sure you can get on your feet,” he said, “try.”
“现在,你肯定站得起来了,”他说,“试试看。”
The patient rose.
病人站了起来。
Carter, take him under the other shoulder.
卡特,扶住他另一个肩膀。
Be of good cheer, Richard. Step out — that's it!
理查德,振作起来,往前跨 — 对啦!
“I do feel better,” remarked Mr. Mason.
“我确实感觉好多了”梅森先生说。
I am sure you do.
我相信你是这样。
Now, Jane, trip on before us away to the backstairs, unbolt the side-passage door,
嗨,简,你先走,跑在我们前头,到后楼梯去把边门的门栓拉开,
and tell the driver of the post-chaise you will see in the yard or just outside,
告诉在院子里能看到的驿车车夫 — 也许车子就在院子外头,
for I told him not to drive his rattling wheels over the pavement — to be ready. We are coming.
因为我告诉他别在人行道上驾车,弄得轮子扎扎响 — 让他准备好。我们就来了。
And, Jane, if any one is about, come to the foot of the stairs and hem.
还有,简,要是附近有人,你就走到楼梯下呼一声。
It was by this time half-past five, and the sun was on the point of rising.
这时已是五点半,太阳就要升起。
But I found the kitchen still dark and silent.
不过我发觉厨房里依然黑洞洞静悄悄的。
The side-passage door was fastened; I opened it with as little noise as possible.
边门上了栓。我把它打开,尽量不发出声来。
All the yard was quiet. But the gates stood wide open, and there was a post-chaise,
院子里一片沉寂。但院门敞开着,有辆驿车停在外面,
with horses ready harnessed, and driver seated on the box, stationed outside.
马匹都套了马具,车夫坐在车座上。
I approached him, and said the gentlemen were coming. He nodded.
我走上前去,告诉他先生们就要来了。他点了点头。
Then I looked carefully round and listened.
随后我小心四顾,凝神静听。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部