搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第250期

查看: 178.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第250期
Turn them out of the room, sir, if I could. He half smiled.
把他们赶出去,先生,要是我能够。他欲笑又止。
But if I were to go to them, and they only looked at me coldly, and whispered sneeringly amongst each other,
如果我上他们那儿去,他们只是冷冷地看着我,彼此还讥嘲地窃窃私语,
and then dropped off and left me one by one, what then? Would you go with them?
随后便一个个离去,那怎么办呢?你会同他们一起走吗?
I rather think not, sir. I should have more pleasure in staying with you. To comfort me?
我想我不会走,先生。同你在一起我会更愉快。为了安慰我?
Yes, sir, to comfort you, as well as I could.
是的,先生,尽我的力量安慰你。
And if they laid you under a ban for adhering to me?
要是他们禁止你跟着我呢?
I, probably, should know nothing about their ban, and if I did, I should care nothing about it.
很可能我对他们的禁令一无所知,就是知道我也根本不在乎。
Then, you could dare censure for my sake?
那你为了我就不顾别人责难了?
I could dare it for the sake of any friend who deserved my adherence; as you, I am sure, do.
任何一位朋友,如值得我相守,我会全然不顾责难。我深信你就是这样一位朋友。
Go back now into the room; step quietly up to Mason,
回到客厅去吧,轻轻走到梅森身边,
and whisper in his ear that Mr. Rochester is come and wishes to see him.
悄悄地告诉他罗切斯特先生已经到了,希望见他。
Show him in here and then leave me.
把他领到这里来,随后你就走。
Yes, sir. I did his behest.
好的,先生。我按他的吩咐办了。
The company all stared at me as I passed straight among them.
宾客们都瞪着眼睛看我从他们中间直穿而过。
I sought Mr. Mason, delivered the message, and preceded him from the room.
我找到了梅森先生,传递了信息,走在他前面离开了房间。
I ushered him into the library, and then I went upstairs.
领他进了图书室后,我便上楼去了。
At a late hour, after I had been in bed some time, I heard the visitors repair to their chambers.
深夜时分,我上床后过了好些时候,我听见客人们才各自回房。
I distinguished Mr. Rochester's voice, and heard him say, "This way, Mason; this is your room." He spoke cheerfully.
也听得出罗切斯特先生的嗓音,只听见他说:"这儿走,梅森,这是你的房间。"他高兴地说着话。
The gay tones set my heart at ease. I was soon asleep.
那欢快的调门儿使我放下心来。我很快就睡着了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部