搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第242期

查看: 297.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:25 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第242期
Detecting! You have analysed, then. And what did you detect, if not gratitude?
察觉!你还分析过呢。如果不是感激之情,那你察觉到了什么?
I said nothing. You have seen love. Have you not?
我什么也没有说。你看到了爱,不是吗?
And, looking forward, you have seen him married, and beheld his bride happy?
而且往前一看,你看到他们结了婚,看到了他的新娘快乐吗?
Humph! Not exactly. Your witch's skill is rather at fault sometimes.
哼!不完全如此。有时候你的巫技也会出差错。
What the devil have you seen, then?
那么你到底看到了什么?
Never mind. I came here to inquire, not to confess.
你别管了,我是来询问,不是来表白的。
Is it known that Mr. Rochester is to be married?
不是谁都知道罗切斯特先生要结婚了吗?
Yes, and to the beautiful Miss Ingram. Shortly?
是的,同漂亮的英格拉姆小姐。马上?
Appearances would warrant that conclusion.
种种迹象将证实这一结论。
And, no doubt (though, with an audacity that wants chastising out of you, you seem to question it),
毫无疑问,(虽然你真该挨揍,竟敢大胆提出疑问)
they will be a superlatively happy pair.
他们会是无比快乐的一对。
He must love such a handsome, noble, witty, accomplished lady.
他一定会喜爱这样一位美丽、高贵、风趣、多才多艺的小姐。
And probably she loves him, or, if not his person, at least his purse.
而很可能她也爱他,要不如果不是爱他本人,至少爱他的钱包。
I know she considers the Rochester estate eligible to the last degree, though (God pardon me! )
我知道她认为罗切斯特家的财产是十分合意的(上帝宽恕我),
I told her something on that point about an hour ago which made her look wondrous grave.
虽然一小时之前我在这事儿上给她透了点风,她听了便沉下了脸。
The corners of her mouth fell half an inch.
嘴角挂下了半英寸。
I would advise her blackaviced suitor to look out.
我会劝她的黑脸求婚者小心为是。
If another comes, with a longer or clearer rent-roll, he's dished.
要是又来个求婚的人,房租地租的收入更丰,那他就完蛋

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部