搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第243期

查看: 210.9k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:25 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第243期
But, mother, I did not come to hear Mr. Rochester's fortune. I came to hear my own, and you have told me nothing of it.
可是,大妈,我不是来听你替罗切斯特先生算命的。我来听你算我的命,你却一点也没有谈过呢。
Your fortune is yet doubtful. When I examined your face, one trait contradicted another.
你的命运还很难确定。我看了你的脸相,各个特征都相互矛盾。
Chance has meted you a measure of happiness. That I know. I knew it before I came here this evening.
命运赐给了你一份幸福,这我知道。是我今晚来这里之前晓得的。
She has laid it carefully on one side for you. I saw her do it.
她已经小心翼翼地替你把幸福放在一边。我看见她这么干的。
It depends on yourself to stretch out your hand, and take it up.
现在就看你自己伸手去把它抢起来了。
But whether you will do so, is the problem I study.
不过你是否愿意这么做,是我要琢磨的问题。
Kneel again on the rug.
你再跪在地毯上吧。
Don't keep me long; the fire scorches me.
别让我跪得太久,火炉热得灼人。
I knelt. She did not stoop towards me, but only gazed, leaning back in her chair.
我跪了下来。她没有向我俯下身来,只是紧紧盯着我,随后又靠回到椅子上。
She began muttering.
她开始咕哝起来。
The flame flickers in the eye. The eye shines like dew.
火焰在眼睛里闪烁。眼睛像露水一样闪光。
It looks soft and full of feeling. It smiles at my jargon. It is susceptible.
看上去温柔而充满感情。笑对着我的闲聊。显得非常敏感。
Impression follows impression through its clear sphere.
清晰的眼球上掠过一个又一个印象。
Where it ceases to smile, it is sad.
笑容一旦消失,神色便转为忧伤。
An unconscious lassitude weighs on the lid. That signifies melancholy resulting from loneliness.
倦意不知不觉落在眼睑上。露出孤独带来的忧郁。
It turns from me. It will not suffer further scrutiny.
那双眼睛避开了我。受不了细细端详。
It seems to deny, by a mocking glance, the truth of the discoveries I have already made,
而且投来讥讽的一瞥,似乎要否认我已经发现的事实
to disown the charge both of sensibility and chagrin.
既不承认说它敏感,也不承认说它懊丧。
Its pride and reserve only confirm me in my opinion.
它的自尊与矜持只能证实我的看法。
The eye is favourable.
这双眼睛是讨人喜欢的。
As to the mouth, it delights at times in laughter.
至于那嘴巴,有时爱笑。
It is disposed to impart all that the brain conceives, though I daresay it would be silent on much the heart experiences.
希望坦露头脑中的一切想法,但我猜想对不少内心的体验却绝口不提。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部