搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第244期

查看: 406.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:25 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第244期
Mobile and flexible, it was never intended to be compressed in the eternal silence of solitude.
它口齿伶俐,决不想紧闭双唇,永远安于孤寂沉默。
It is a mouth which should speak much and smile often, and have human affection for its interlocutor.
这张嘴爱说爱笑,爱交谈,通人情。
That feature too is propitious. I see no enemy to a fortunate issue but in the brow.
这一部份也很吉利。除了额头,我看不到有碍幸福结局的地方。
And that brow professes to say, — 'I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do.
那个额头表白道,‘我可以孤单地生活,要是自尊心和客观环境需要我这样做的话。
I need not sell my soul to buy bliss.
我不必出卖灵魂来购得幸福。
I have an inward treasure born with me,
我有一个天生的内在珍宝,
which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.
在外界的欢乐都被剥夺,或者欢乐的代价高于我的偿付能力时,它能使我活下去。
The forehead declares, Reason sits firm and holds the reins,
额头大声说道,‘理智稳坐不动,紧握缰绳,
and she will not let the feelings burst away and hurry her to wild chasms.
不让情感挣脱,将自己带入荒芜的深渊。
The passions may rage furiously, like true heathens, as they are. And the desires may imagine all sorts of vain things.
激情会像道地的异教徒那样狂怒地倾泻。欲望会耽于虚无缥渺的幻想。
But judgment shall still have the last word in every argument, and the casting vote in every decision.
但是判断在每次争执中仍持有决定权,在每一决策中掌握着生死攸关的一票。
Strong wind, earthquake-shock, and fire may pass by.
狂风、地震和水灾虽然都会降临。
But I shall follow the guiding of that still small voice which interprets the dictates of conscience.
但我将听从那依然细微的声音的指引,因为是它解释了良心的命令。
Well said, forehead; your declaration shall be respected.
说得好,前额,你的宣言将得到尊重。
I have formed my plans — right plans I deem them — and in them I have attended to the claims of conscience, the counsels of reason.
我已经订好了计划 — 我认为是正确的计划 — 内中我照应到良心的要求,理智的忠告。
I know how soon youth would fade and bloom perish, if, in the cup of bliss offered,
我明白在端上来的幸福之杯中,只要发现一块耻辱的沉渣,
but one dreg of shame, or one flavour of remorse were detected.
一丝悔恨之情,青春就会很快逝去,花朵就会立即凋零。
And I do not want sacrifice, sorrow, dissolution — such is not my taste.
而我不要牺牲、悲伤和死亡 — 这些不合我的口味。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部