搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第239期

查看: 496.5k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第239期
I feel tired often, sleepy sometimes, but seldom sad.
我常觉得疲倦,有时很困,但很少悲伤。
Then you have some secret hope to buoy you up and please you with whispers of the future?
那你有某种秘密的愿望支撑着你,预告着你的将来,使你感到高兴。
Not I. The utmost I hope is, to save money enough out of my earnings to set up a school some day in a little house rented by myself.
我才不这样呢。我的最大愿望,是积攒下足够的钱,将来自己租一间小小的房子,办起学校来。
A mean nutriment for the spirit to exist on, and sitting in that window-seat (you see I know your habits)
养料不足,精神无法依存,况且坐在窗台上(你明白了她知道我的习惯)
You have learned them from the servants. Ah! you think yourself sharp.
你是从仆人那儿打听来的。呵,你自以为灵敏。
Well, perhaps I have. To speak truth, I have an acquaintance with one of them, Mrs. Poole
好吧,也许我是这样。跟你说实话,我同其中一位 — 普尔太太 — 相识。
I started to my feet when I heard the name.
一听到这个名字,我立刻惊跳起来。
"You have — have you?" thought I, "there is diablerie in the business after all, then!"
"你认识她 — 是吗?"我思忖道,"那么,这里头看来是有魔法了。"
"Don't be alarmed," continued the strange being.
"别惊慌,"这个怪人继续说。
she's a safe hand is Mrs. Poole, close and quiet. Any one may repose confidence in her.
普尔太太很可靠,嘴巴紧,话不多。谁都可以信赖。
But, as I was saying: sitting in that window-seat, do you think of nothing but your future school?
不过像我说的,坐在窗台上,你就光想将来办学校,别的什么也不想?
Have you no present interest in any of the company who occupy the sofas and chairs before you?
那些坐在你面前沙发上和椅子上的人,眼下你对其中哪一位感兴趣吗?
Is there not one face you study?
你一张面孔都没有仔细端详过吗?
One figure whose movements you follow with at least curiosity?
至少出于好奇,你连一个人的举动都没有去注意过?
I like to observe all the faces and all the figures.
我喜欢观察所有的面孔和所有的身影。
But do you never single one from the rest — or it may be, two?
可是你没有撇开其余,光盯住一个人 — 或者,也许两个?
I do frequently, when the gestures or looks of a pair seem telling a tale.
我经常这么做,那是在两个人的手势和神色似乎在叙述一个故事的时候。
It amuses me to watch them.
注视他们对我来说是一种乐趣。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部