搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第240期

查看: 246.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第240期
What tale do you like best to hear?
你最喜欢听什么故事?
Oh, I have not much choice!
呵,我没有多大选择的余地。
They generally run on the same theme -- courtship, and promise to end in the same catastrophe -- marriage.
它们一般奏的都是同一主题 -- 求婚,而且都预示着同一灾难性的结局 -- 结婚。
And do you like that monotonous theme?
你喜欢这单调的主题吗?
Positively, I don't care about it. It is nothing to me.
我一点也不在乎,这与我无关。
Nothing to you? When a lady, young and full of life and health,
与你无关?有这样一位小姐,她既年轻活泼健康,
charming with beauty and endowed with the gifts of rank and fortune, sits and smiles in the eyes of a gentleman you...
又美丽动人,而且财富和地位与生俱来,坐在一位绅士的面前,笑容可掬,而你...
I what? You know -- and perhaps think well of.
我怎么样?你认识 -- 而且也许还有好感。
I don't know the gentlemen here.
我并不了解这儿的先生们。
I have scarcely interchanged a syllable with one of them.
我几乎同谁都没有说过一句话。
And as to thinking well of them, I consider some respectable, and stately, and middle-aged,
至于对他们有没有好感,我认为有几位高雅庄重,已到中年;
and others young, dashing, handsome, and lively.
其余几位年青、潇洒、漂亮、活跃。
But certainly they are all at liberty to be the recipients of whose smiles they please,
当然他们有充分自由,爱接受谁的笑就接受谁的笑,
without my feeling disposed to consider the transaction of any moment to me.
我不必把感情介入进去,考虑这件事对我是否至关重要。
You don't know the gentlemen here?
你不了解这儿的先生们吗?
You have not exchanged a syllable with one of them?
你没有同谁说过一句话?
Will you say that of the master of the house!
你对屋里的主人也这么说吗?
He is not at home. A profound remark! A most ingenious quibble!
他不在家。讲得多玄妙!多么高明的诡辩!
He went to Millcote this morning, and will be back here tonight or tomorrow.
今天早上他上米尔科特去了,要到夜里或者明天早上才回来。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部