搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第160期

查看: 288.9k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第160期
In what state I had found matters there, and how I had deluged him with all the water I could lay hands on.
那里的一切处在什么样的情况下;我又怎样把凡是我所能搞到的水泼在他身上。
He listened very gravely.
他十分严肃地倾听着。
His face, as I went on, expressed more concern than astonishment.
我继续谈下去,他脸上露出的表情中,关切甚于惊讶。
He did not immediately speak when I had concluded.
我讲完后他没有马上开口。
"Shall I call Mrs. Fairfax?" I asked.
"要我去叫费尔法克斯太太吗?"我问。
Mrs. Fairfax? No. What the deuce would you call her for?
费尔法克斯太太?不要了,你究竟要叫她干什么?
What can she do? Let her sleep unmolested.
她能干什么呢?让她安安稳稳地睡吧。
Then I will fetch Leah, and wake John and his wife.
那我就叫莉娅,并把约翰夫妇唤醒。
Not at all, just be still.
绝对不要。保持安静就行了。
You have a shawl on.
你已披上了披肩。
If you are not warm enough, you may take my cloak yonder.
要是嫌不够暖和,可以把那边的斗篷拿去。
Wrap it about you, and sit down in the arm-chair.
把你自己裹起来,坐在安乐椅里。
There, I will put it on.
那儿,我替你披上。
Now place your feet on the stool, to keep them out of the wet.
现在把脚放在小凳子上,免得弄湿了。
I am going to leave you a few minutes.
我要离开你几分钟。
I shall take the candle.
我得把蜡烛拿走。
Remain where you are till I return. Be as still as a mouse.
呆在这儿别动,直到我回来。你要像耗子—样安静。
I must pay a visit to the second storey.
我得到三楼去看看。
Don't move, remember, or call any one.
记住别动,也别去叫人。
He went. I watched the light withdraw.
他走了。我注视着灯光隐去。
He passed up the gallery very softly,
他轻手轻脚地走上楼梯,开了楼梯的门,
unclosed the staircase door with as little noise as possible, shut it after him, and the last ray vanished.
尽可能不发出一点声音来,随手把门关上,于是最后的光消失了。
I was left in total darkness.
我完全堕入了黑暗。
I listened for some noise, but heard nothing.
我搜索着某种声音,但什么也没听到。
A very long time elapsed. I grew weary.
很长一段时间过去了,我开始不耐烦起来。
It was cold, in spite of the cloak.
尽管披着斗篷,但依然很冷。
And then I did not see the use of staying, as I was not to rouse the house.
随后我觉得呆在这儿也没有用处,反正我又不打算把整屋子的人吵醒。
I was on the point of risking Mr. Rochester's displeasure by disobeying his orders,
我正要不顾罗切斯特先生的不快,违背他的命令时,
when the light once more gleamed dimly on the gallery wall,
灯光重又在走廊的墙上黯淡地闪烁,
and I heard his unshod feet tread the matting.
我听到他没穿鞋的脚走过垫子。
End of side five
第五面结束。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部