搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第157期

查看: 249.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第157期
I had seen him lying there myself in the mornings.
我自己就在早上看到过它躺在那里。
The idea calmed me somewhat.
这么一想,心里也便镇静了些。
I lay down. Silence composes the nerves.
我躺了下来,沉寂安抚了我的神经。
And as an unbroken hush now reigned again through the whole house, I began to feel the return of slumber.
待到整所房子复又被一片宁静所笼罩时,我感到睡意再次袭来。
But it was not fated that I should sleep that night.
但是那天晚上我是注定无法睡觉了。
A dream had scarcely approached my ear, when it fled affrighted, scared by a marrow-freezing incident enough.
梦仙几乎还没接近我的耳朵,便被足以使人吓得冷入骨髓的事件唬跑了。
This was a demoniac laugh — low, suppressed, and deep — uttered,
那是一阵恶魔般的笑声--压抑而低沉--
as it seemed, at the very keyhole of my chamber door.
仿佛就在我房门的锁孔外响起来的。
The head of my bed was near the door,
我的床头靠门,
and I thought at first the goblin-laugher stood at my bedside — or rather, crouched by my pillow.
所以我起初以为那笑着的魔鬼站在我床边,或是蹲在枕旁。
But I rose, looked round, and could see nothing.
但是我起身环顾左右,却什么也没有看到。
While, as I still gazed, the unnatural sound was reiterated.
而当我还在凝神细看时,那不自然的声音再次响起。
And I knew it came from behind the panels.
而且我知道来自嵌板的背后。
My first impulse was to rise and fasten the bolt; my next, again to cry out, "Who is there?"
我的第一个反应是爬起来去拴好门,接着我又叫了一声"谁在那里?"
Something gurgled and moaned.
什么东西发出了咯咯声和呻吟声。
Ere long, steps retreated up the gallery towards the third-storey staircase.
不久那脚步又退回走廊,上了三楼的楼梯。
A door had lately been made to shut in that staircase.
最近那里装了一扇门,关闭了楼梯。
I heard it open and close, and all was still.
我听见门被打开又被关上,一切复归平静。
"Was that Grace Poole? And is she possessed with a devil?" thought I.
"那是格雷斯·普尔吗,难道她妖魔附身了,"我想。
Impossible now to remain longer by myself.
我独个儿再也待不住了。
I must go to Mrs. Fairfax.
我得去找费尔法克斯太太。
I hurried on my frock and a shawl.
我匆匆穿上外衣,披上披肩。
I withdrew the bolt and opened the door with a trembling hand.
用抖动着的手拔了门栓,开了门。
There was a candle burning just outside, and on the matting in the gallery.
就在门外,燃着一支蜡烛,留在走廊的垫子上。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2025 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部