搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第148期

查看: 140.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:48 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第148期
Adèle here ran before him with her shuttlecock.
这时阿黛勒拿着板羽球跑到了他跟前。
"Away!" he cried harshly, "keep at a distance, child, or go in to Sophie!"
"走开!"他厉声喝道,"离得远一点,孩子,要不,到里面索菲娅那儿去。"
Continuing then to pursue his walk in silence,
随后他继续默默地走路,
I ventured to recall him to the point whence he had abruptly diverged.
我冒昧地提醒他刚才突然岔开去的话题。
"Did you leave the balcony, sir," I asked, "when Mdlle. Varens entered?"
"瓦伦小姐进屋的时候你离开了阳台吗,先生?"我问。
I almost expected a rebuff for this hardly well-timed question,
我几乎预料他会拒绝回答这个不合时宜的问题,
but, on the contrary, waking out of his scowling abstraction,
可是恰恰相反,
he turned his eyes towards me, and the shade seemed to clear off his brow.
他从一脸愁容、茫然若失之中醒悟过来,把目光转向我,眉宇间的阴云也似乎消散了。
Oh, I had forgotten Celine!
哦,我已经把塞莉纳给忘了!
Well, to resume. When I saw my charmer thus come in accompanied by a cavalier,
好吧,我接着讲。当我看见那个把我弄得神瑰颠倒的女人,由一个好献殷勤的男人陪着进来时,
I seemed to hear a hiss, and the green snake of jealousy, rising on undulating coils from the moonlit balcony,
我似乎听到了一阵嘶嘶声,绿色的妒嫉之蛇,从月光照耀下的阳台上呼地窜了出来,盘成了高低起伏的圈圈,
glided within my waistcoat, and ate its way in two minutes to my heart's core.
钻进了我的背心,两分钟后一直咬啮到了我的内心深处。
Strange! he exclaimed, suddenly starting again from the point.
真奇怪!他惊叫了一声,突然又离开了话题。
Strange that I should choose you for the confidant of all this, young lady.
真奇怪我竟会选中你来听这番知心话,年轻小姐。
Passing strange that you should listen to me quietly, as if it were the most usual thing in the world
更奇怪的是你居然静静地听着,仿佛这是人世间再正常不过的事情,
for a man like me to tell stories of his opera-mistresses to a quaint, inexperienced girl like you!
由一个像我这样的男人,把自己当歌女的情人的故事,讲给一个像你这样古怪而不谙世事的姑娘听。
But the last singularity explains the first, as I intimated once before.
不过正像我曾说过的那样,后一个特点说明了前者。
You, with your gravity, considerateness, and caution were made to be the recipient of secrets.
你稳重、体贴、细心,生来就是听别人吐露隐秘的。
Besides, I know what sort of a mind I have placed in communication with my own.
此外,我知道我选择的是怎样的一类头脑,来与自己的头脑沟通。
I know it is one not liable to take infection; it is a peculiar mind; it is a unique one.
我知道这是一个不易受感染的头脑,与众不同,独一无二。
Happily I do not mean to harm it.
幸而我并不想败坏它。
But, if I did, it would not take harm from me.
就是我想这么做,它也不会受影响。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部