搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第146期

查看: 231.4k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:48 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第146期
But that was a spurred heel which had rung on the pavement,
但一只带踢马刺的脚跟,在人行道上响了起来,
and that was a hatted head which now passed under the arched porte cochere of the hotel.
一个戴礼帽的头正从房子拱形的门廊经过。
You never felt jealousy, did you, Miss Eyre?
你从来没有嫉妒过是不是,爱小姐?
Of course not. I need not ask you, because you never felt love.
当然没有。我不必问你了,因为你从来没有恋爱过。
You have both sentiments yet to experience.
还没有体会过这两种感情。
Your soul sleeps.
你的灵魂正在沉睡。
The shock is yet to be given which shall waken it.
只有使它震惊才能将它唤醒。
You think all existence lapses in as quiet a flow as that in which your youth has hitherto slid away.
你认为一切生活,就像你的青春悄悄逝去一样,也都是静静地流走的。
Floating on with closed eyes and muffled ears,
你闭着眼睛,塞住了耳朵,随波逐流,
you neither see the rocks bristling not far off in the bed of the flood, nor hear the breakers boil at their base.
你既没有看到不远的地方涨了潮的河床上礁石林立,也没有听到浪涛在礁石底部翻腾。
But I tell you — and you may mark my words — you will come some day to a craggy pass in the channel,
但我告诉你 — 你仔细听着 — 某一天你会来到河道中岩石嶙峋的关隘,
where the whole of life's stream will be broken up into whirl and tumult, foam and noise.
这里,你整个生命的河流会被撞得粉碎,成了漩涡和骚动,泡沫和喧哗。
Either you will be dashed to atoms on crag points,
你不是在岩石尖上冲得粉身碎骨,
or lifted up and borne on by some master-wave into a calmer current — as I am now.
就是被某些大浪掀起来,汇入更平静的河流,就像我现在一样。
I like this day; I like that sky of steel; I like the sternness and stillness of the world under this frost.
我喜欢今天这样的日子,喜欢铁灰色的天空,喜欢严寒中庄严肃穆的世界。
I like Thornfield, its antiquity, its retirement,
喜欢桑菲尔德,喜欢它的古色古香,它的旷远幽静,
its old crow-trees and thorn-trees, its grey facade, and lines of dark windows reflecting that metal welkin.
它乌鸦栖息的老树和荆棘,它灰色的正面,它映出灰色苍穹的一排排黛色窗户。
And yet how long have I abhorred the very thought of it,
可是在漫长的岁月里,我一想到它就觉得厌恶,
shunned it like a great plague-house? How I do still abhor...
像躲避瘟疫滋生地一样避之不迭就是现在我依然多么讨厌...
He ground his teeth and was silent.
他咬着牙,默默无语。
He arrested his step and struck his boot against the hard ground.
他收住了脚步,用靴子踢着坚硬的地面。
Some hated thought seemed to have him in its grip, and to hold him so tightly that he could not advance.
某种厌恶感抓住了他,把他攫得紧紧的,使他举步不前。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部