They began to talk.
他们开始交谈。
Their conversation eased me completely: frivolous, mercenary, heartless, and senseless.
两人的谈话使我完全安心了,轻浮浅薄、唯利是图、冷酷无情、毫无意义。
It was rather calculated to weary than enrage a listener.
叫人听了厌烦,而不是愤怒。
A card of mine lay on the table.
桌上放着我的一张名片。
This being perceived, brought my name under discussion.
他们一看见便谈论起我来了。
Neither of them possessed energy or wit to belabour me soundly,
两人都没有能力和智慧狠狠痛斥我,
but they insulted me as coarsely as they could in their little way.
而是耍尽小手段,粗鲁地侮辱我。
Especially Celine, who even waxed rather brilliant on my personal defects, deformities she termed them.
尤其是塞莉纳,甚至夸大其词地对我进行人身攻击,把我的缺陷说成残疾。
Now it had been her custom to launch out into fervent admiration of what she called my 'beaute male'.
而以前她却惯于热情赞美她所说我的“beaute male”。
Where in she differed diametrically from you,
在这一点上,你与她全然不同,
who told me point-blank, at the second interview, that you did not think me handsome.
我们第二次见面时,你直截了当地告诉我,你认为我长得不好看。
The contrast struck me at the time and...
当时两者的反差给我留下了深刻印象。
Adèle here came running up again.
这时阿黛勒又奔到了他跟前。
Monsieur, John has just been to say that your agent has called and wishes to see you.
先生,约翰刚才过来说,你的代理人来了,希望见你。
Ah! in that case I must abridge.
噢!那样我就只好从简了。
Opening the window, I walked in upon them, liberated Celine from my protection, gave her notice to vacate her hotel,
我打开落地窗,朝他们走去,解除了对塞莉纳的保护,通知她腾出房子,
offered her a purse for immediate exigencies, disregarded screams, hysterics, prayers, protestations, convulsions,
给了她一笔钱以备眼前急用,不去理睬她的大哭小叫、歇斯底里、恳求、抗议和痉挛,
made an appointment with the vicomte for a meeting at the Bois de Boulogne.
跟那位子爵约定在布洛尼树林决斗的时间。
Next morning I had the pleasure of encountering him,
第二天早晨,我有幸与他相遇,在他一条如同瘟鸡翅膀那么弱不禁风的可怜的胳膊上,
left a bullet in one of his poor etiolated arms,
留下了一颗子弹,
feeble as the wing of a chicken in the pip, and then thought I had done with the whole crew.
随后自认为我已了结同这伙人的关系。