搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第53期

查看: 170.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:03:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第53期
Yes, his enemies were the worst.
不错,他的仇敌最坏。
They shed blood they had no right to shed. How dared they kill him!
他们让自己没有权利伤害的人流了血,竟敢杀害了他!
Helen was talking to herself now.
此刻海伦在自言自语了。
She had forgotten I could not very well understand her — that I was ignorant, or nearly so, of the subject she discussed.
她忘了我无法很好理解她的话,忘了我对她谈论的话题一无所知,或者差不多如此。
I recalled her to my level.
我把她拉回到我的水准上来。
And when Miss Temple teaches you, do your thoughts wander then?
那么坦普尔小姐上课的时候,你也走神吗?
No, certainly, not often, because Miss Temple has generally something to say which is newer than my own reflections.
当然不是,不常这样。因为坦普尔小姐总是有比我的想法更富有新意的东西要说。
Her language is singularly agreeable to me, and the information she communicates is often just what I wished to gain.
她的语言也特别让我喜欢,她所传授的知识常常是我所希望获得的。
Well, then, with Miss Temple you are good?
这么看来,你在坦普尔小姐面前表现很好罗。
Yes, in a passive way, I make no effort. I follow as inclination guides me.
是的,出于被动。我没有费力气,只是随心所欲而己。
There is no merit in such goodness.
这种表现好没有什么了不起。
A great deal. You are good to those who are good to you.
很了不起,别人待你好,你待别人也好。
It is all I ever desire to be.
我就一直希望这样做。
If people were always kind and obedient to those who are cruel and unjust, the wicked people would have it all their own way.
要是你对那些强横霸道的人,总是客客气气,说啥听啥。
They would never feel afraid, and so they would never alter, but would grow worse and worse.
那坏人就会为所欲为,就会天不怕地不怕,非但永远不会改,而且会愈变愈坏。
When we are struck at without a reason, we should strike back again very hard.
要是无缘无故挨打,那我们就要狠狠地回击。
I am sure we should — so hard as to teach the person who struck us never to do it again.
肯定得这样,狠到可以教训那个打我们的人,让他再也洗手不干了。
You will change your mind, I hope, when you grow older, as yet you are but a little untaught girl.
我想,等你长大了你的想法会改变的,现在你不过是个没有受过教育的小姑娘。
But I feel this, Helen. I must dislike those who, whatever I do to please them, persist in disliking me.
可我是这么感觉的,海伦,那些不管我怎样讨他们欢心,硬是讨厌我的人,我必定会厌恶的。
I must resist those who punish me unjustly.
我必须反抗那些无理惩罚我的人。
It is as natural as that I should love those who show me affection, or submit to punishment when I feel it is deserved.
同样自然的是,我会爱那些爱抚我的人,或者当我认为自己该受罚的时候,我会心甘情愿去承受。
Heathens and savage tribes hold that doctrine, but Christians and civilised nations disown it.
那是异教徒和野蛮宗族的信条,基督教徒和开化的民族不信这一套。
How? I don't understand.
怎么会呢?我不懂。
It is not violence that best overcomes hate - nor vengeance that most certainly heals injury.
暴力不是消除仇恨的最好办法-同样,报复也绝对医治不了伤害。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部