搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第7期

查看: 222.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:03:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第7期
I had nothing to say to these words. They were not new to me.
对她们这番活,我无话可说,因为听起来并不新鲜。
My very first recollections of existence included hints of the same kind.
我生活的最早记忆中就包含着类似的暗示。
This reproach of my dependence had become a vague sing-song in my ear: very painful and crushing, but only half intelligible.
这些责备我赖别人过活的话,己成了意义含糊的老调,叫人痛苦,让人难受,但又不太好懂。
Miss Abbot joined in,'And you ought not to think yourself on an equality with the Misses Reed and Master Reed,
艾博特小姐答话了:“你不能因为太太好心把你同里德小姐和少爷一块抚养大,
because Missis kindly allows you to be brought up with them.
就以为自己与他们平等了。
They will have a great deal of money, and you will have none.
他们将来会有很多很多钱,而你却一个子儿也不会有。
It is your place to be humble, and to try to make yourself agreeable to them.'
你得学谦恭些,尽量顺着他们,这才是你的本份。”
'What we tell you is for your good,' added Bessie, in no harsh voice.
“我们同你说的全是为了你好,”贝茜补充道,口气倒并不严厉。
'Bou should try to be useful and pleasant, then, perhaps, you would have a home here,
“你做事要巴结些,学得乖一点,那样也许可以把这当个家住下去,
but if you become passionate and rude, Missis will send you away, I am sure.'
要是你意气用事,粗暴无礼,我敢肯定,太太会把你撵走。”
'Besides,' said Miss Abbot, 'God will punish her. He might strike her dead in the midst of her tantrums, and then where would she go?
“另外,”艾博特小姐说,“上帝会惩罚她,也许会在她耍啤气时,把她处死,死后她能上哪儿呢?
Come, Bessie, we will leave her.
来,贝茜,咱们走吧,随她去。
I wouldn't have her heart for anything.
反正我是无论如何打动不了她啦。
Say your prayers, Miss Eyre, when you are by yourself.
爱小姐,你独个儿呆着的时候,祈祷吧。
For if you don't repent, something bad might be permitted to come down the chimney and fetch you away.'
要是你不忏悔,说不定有个坏家伙会从烟囱进来,把你带走。”
They went, shutting the door, and locking it behind them.
她们走了,关了门,随手上了锁。
The red-room was a square chamber, very seldom slept in.
红房子是间空余的卧房,难得有人在里面过夜。
I might say never, indeed, unless when a chance influx of visitors at Gateshead Hall rendered it necessary to turn to account all the accommodation it contained.
其实也许可以说,从来没有。除非盖茨黑德府上偶而拥进一大群客人时,才有必要动用全部房间。
Yet it was one of the largest and stateliest chambers in the mansion.
但府里的卧室,数它最宽敞、最堂皇了。
A bed supported on massive pillars of mahogany, hung with curtains of deep red damask, stood out like a tabernacle in the centre.
—张红木床赫然立于房间正中,粗大的床柱上,罩着深红色锦缎帐幔,活像一个帐篷。
The two large windows, with their blinds always drawn down, were half shrouded in festoons and falls of similar drapery.
两扇终日窗帘紧闭的大窗,半掩在清一色织物制成的流苏之中。
The carpet was red. The table at the foot of the bed was covered with a crimson cloth.
地毯是红的。床脚边的桌子上铺着深红色的台布。
The walls were a soft fawn colour with a blush of pink in it.
墙呈柔和的黄褐色,略带粉红。
The wardrobe, the toilet-table, the chairs were of darkly polished old mahogany.
大橱、梳妆台和椅子都是乌黑发亮的红木做的。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部