搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第17期

查看: 475.4k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:03:05 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第17期
Come, Miss Jane, don't cry,” said Bessie as she finished.
“来吧,简小姐,别哭了,”贝茜唱完了说。
She might as well have said to the fire, “don't burn!”
其实,她无异于对火说“你别燃烧!”
But how could she divine the morbid suffering to which I was a prey?
不过,她怎么能揣度出我被极度的痛苦所折磨?
In the course of the morning, Mr. Lloyd came again.
早上劳埃德先生又来了。
“What, already up!” said he, as he entered the nursery. “Well, nurse, how is she?”
“怎么,己经起来了!”他一进保育室就说,“嗨,保姆,她怎么样了?”
Bessie answered that I was doing very well.
贝茜回答说我情况很好。
“Then she ought to look more cheerful. Come here, Miss Jane. Your name is Jane, is it not?”
“那她应该高兴才是。过来,简小姐,你的名字叫简,是不是?”
“Yes, sir, Jane Eyre.”
“是,先生,叫简·爱。”
“Well, you have been crying, Miss Jane Eyre. Can you tell me what about? Have you any pain?”
瞧,你一直在哭,简·爱小姐,你能告诉我为什么吗?哪儿疼吗?”
“No, sir.”
“不疼,先生。”
“Oh! I dare say she is crying because she could not go out with Missis in the carriage,” interposed Bessie.
“啊,我想是因为不能跟小姐们一起坐马车出去才哭的,”贝茜插嘴说。
“Surely not! Why, she is too old for such pettishness.”
“当然不是咯!她那么大了,不会为这点小事闹别扭的。”
I thought so too, and my self-esteem being wounded by the false charge, I answered promptly,
这恰恰也是我的想法。而她这么冤枉我伤了我的自尊,所以我当即回答,
“I never cried for such a thing in my life. I hate going out in the carriage. I cry because I am miserable.”
“我长得这么大从来没有为这种事哭过,而且我又讨厌乘马车出去。我是因为心里难受才哭的。”
“Oh fie, Miss!” said Bessie.
“嘿,去去,小姐!”贝茜说。
The good apothecary appeared a little puzzled.
好心的药剂师似乎有些莫明其妙。
I was standing before him. He fixed his eyes on me very steadily.
我站在他面前,他目不转睛地看着我。
His eyes were small and grey; not very bright, but I dare say I should think them shrewd now.
他灰色的小眼睛并不明亮,但现在想来也许应当说是非常锐利的。
He had a hard-featured yet good-natured looking face.
他的面相既严厉而又温厚。
Having considered me at leisure, he said: “What made you ill yesterday?”
他从从容容地打量了我一番后说:“昨天你怎么得病的呢?”
“She had a fall,” said Bessie, again putting in her word.
“她跌了一跤。”贝茜又插嘴了。
“Fall! Why, that is like a baby again!
“跌交!又耍娃娃脾气了!
Can't she manage to walk at her age? She must be eight or nine years old.”
她这样年纪还不会走路?八九岁总有了吧。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部