搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第34期

查看: 240.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:03:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第34期
I leaned against a gate, and looked into an empty field where no sheep were feeding, where the short grass was nipped and blanched.
我倚在一扇大门上,凝望着空空的田野,那里没有觅食的羊群,只有冻坏了的苍白的浅草。
It was a very grey day, a most opaque sky, "onding on snaw," canopied all.
这是一个灰蒙蒙的日子,降雪前的天空一片混沌,间或飘下一些雪片。
Thence flakes felt it intervals, which settled on the hard path and on the hoary lea without melting.
落在坚硬的小径上,从在灰白的草地上,没有融化。
I stood, a wretched child enough, whispering to myself over and over again, "What shall I do? What shall I do?"
我站立着,一付可怜巴巴的样子,一遍又一遍悄悄对自己说:"我怎么办呢?我怎么办呢?"
All at once I heard a clear voice call, "Miss Jane! where are you? Come to lunch!"
突然我听一个清晰的嗓音在叫唤,"简小姐,你在哪儿?快来吃中饭!"
It was Bessie, I knew well enough, but I did not stir.
是贝茜在叫,我心里很明白,不过我没有动弹。
Her light step came tripping down the path.
她步履轻盈地沿小径走来。
"You naughty little thing!" she said.
"你这个小淘气!"她说。
"Why don't you come when you are called?"
"叫你为什么不来?"
Bessie's presence, compared with the thoughts over which I had been brooding, seemed cheerful, even though, as usual, she was somewhat cross.
比之刚才萦回脑际的念头,贝茜的到来似乎是令人愉快的,尽管她照例又有些生气。
The fact is, after my conflict with and victory over Mrs. Reed, I was not disposed to care much for the nursemaid's transitory anger.
其实,同里德太太发生冲突。并占了上风之后,我并不太在乎保姆一时的火气。
And I was disposed to bask in her youthful lightness of heart.
倒是希望分享她那充满活力、轻松愉快的心情。
I just put my two arms round her and said, "Come, Bessie! don't scold."
我只是用胳膊抱住了她,说:"得啦,贝茜别骂我了。"
The action was more frank and fearless than any I was habituated to indulge in. Somehow it pleased her.
这个动作比我往常所纵情的任何举动都要直率大胆,不知怎地,倒使贝茜高兴了。
"You are a strange child, Miss Jane," she said, as she looked down at me.
"你是个怪孩子,简小姐,"她说,低头看着我。
"A little roving, solitary thing, and you are going to school, I suppose?"
"一个喜欢独来独往的小东西。你要去上学了,我想是不是?"
I nodded.
我点了点头。
"And won't you be sorry to leave poor Bessie?"
"离开可怜的贝茜你不难过吗?"
"What does Bessie care for me? She is always scolding me."
"贝茜在乎我什么呢?她老是骂我。"
"Because you're such a queer, frightened, shy little thing. You should be bolder."
"谁叫你是那么个古怪、胆小、怕难为情的小东西,你应该胆大一点。"
"What! To get more knocks?"
"什么!好多挨几顿打?"
"Nonsense! But you are rather put upon, that's certain.
"瞎说!不过你常受欺侮,那倒是事实。
My mother said, when she came to see me last week, that she would not like a little one of her own to be in your place.
上星期我母亲来看我的时候说,她希望自己哪一个小家伙也不要像你一样。
Now, come in, and I've some good news for you."
好吧,进去吧,我有个好消息告诉你。"

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部