搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第5期

查看: 199.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:03:11 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第5期
I did so, not at first aware what was his intention.
我照他的话做了,起初并不知道他的用意。
But when I saw him lift and poise the book and stand in act to hurl it,
但是他把书举起,拿稳当了,立起身来摆出要扔过来的架势时,
I instinctively started aside with a cry of alarm. Not soon enough, however.
我一声惊叫,本能地往旁边一闪。可是晚了。
The volume was flung, it hit me, and I fell, striking my head against the door and cutting it.
那本书己经扔过来,正好打中了我,我应声倒下,脑袋撞在门上,碰出口子来了。
The cut bled, the pain was sharp.
碰出了血来,疼痛难忍。
My terror had passed its climax; other feelings succeeded.
我的恐惧心理已经越过了极限,被其他情感所代替。
'Wicked and cruel boy!' I said.
“你是个恶毒残暴的孩子!”我说。
'You are like a murderer- you are like a slave-driver- you are like the Roman emperors!'
“你像个杀人犯—你是个奴隶监工—你像罗马皇帝!”
I had read Goldsmith's History of Rome, and had formed my opinion of Nero, Caligula, etc.
我读过哥尔斯密的《罗马史》,时尼禄、卡利古拉等人物已有自己的看法。
Also I had drawn parallels in silence, which I never thought thus to have declared aloud.
并暗暗作过类比,但决没有想到会如此大声地说出口来。
'What! what!' he cried.
“什么!什么!”他大叫大嚷。
'Did she say that to me? Did you hear her, Eliza and Georgiana?
“那是她说的吗?伊丽莎、乔治亚娜,你们可听见她说了?
Won't I tell mama? But first...'
我会不去告诉妈妈吗?不过我得先...”
He ran headlong at me.
他向我直冲过来。
I felt him grasp my hair and my shoulder.
我只觉得他抓住了我的头发和肩膀。
he had closed with a desperate thing.
他跟一个拼老命的家伙扭打在一起了。
I really saw in him a tyrant, a murderer.
我发现他真是个暴君,是个杀人犯。
I felt a drop or two of blood from my head trickle down my neck, and was sensible of somewhat pungent suffering.
我觉得一两滴血从头上顺着脖子淌下来,感到一阵热辣辣的剧痛。
These sensations for the time predominated over fear, and I received him in frantic sort.
这些感觉一时占了上风,我不再畏惧,而发疯似地同他对打起来。
I don't very well know what I did with my hands, but he called me 'Rat! Rat!' and bellowed out aloud.
我不太清楚自己的双手到底干了什么,只听得他骂我“耗子!耗子!”一面杀猪似地嚎叫着。
Aid was near him.
他的帮手近在咫尺。
Eliza and Georgiana had run for Mrs. Reed, who was gone upstairs.
伊丽莎和乔治亚娜早已跑出去讨救兵,里德太太上了楼梯。
She now came upon the scene, followed by Bessie and her maid Abbot.
她来到现场,后面跟随着贝茜和女佣艾博特。
We were parted.
她们我们拉开了。
I heard the words: 'Dear! dear! What a fury to fly at Master John!'
我只听见她们说:“哎呀!哎呀!这么大的气出在约翰少爷身上!”
'Did ever anybody see such a picture of passion!'
“谁见过那么火冒三丈的!”
Then Mrs. Reed subjoined: 'Take her away to the red-room, and lock her in there.'
随后里德太太补充说:“带她到红房子里去,关起来。”
Four hands were immediately laid upon me, and I was borne upstairs.
于是马上就有两双手按住了我,把我推上楼去。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部