搜索

美国语文第六册(MP3+中英字幕) 第81期:三个警告(4)

查看: 313.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 15:03:51 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
美国语文第六册(MP3+中英字幕) 第81期:三个警告(4)
"Hold!" says the farmer, "not so fast!
“住嘴!”农夫说,“不会那么快!
I have been lame, these four years past."
过去四年,我已经跛脚。”
"And no great wonder," Death replies,
“这没什么好奇怪的,”死神反唇相讥,
"However, you still keep your eyes;
“可是,你的眼神还不赖,
And surely, sir, to see one's friends,
一眼就能把别人的朋友认出,
For legs and arms would make amends."
胳膊腿的毛病还能养好嘛。”
"Perhaps," says Dodson, "so it might,
“也许吧,”道德森说,“也许会的,
But latterly I've lost my sight."
可是后来我看不见东西了。”
"This is a shocking story, faith;
“这是个令人震惊的故事,信哉;
But there's some comfort still," says Death;
可是还有令人安慰的事情呢,”死神说;
"Each strives your sadness to amuse;
“你的悲哀听上去都像笑谈;
I warrant you hear all the news."
我保证你听到所有的消息了。”
"There's none," cries he, "and if there were,
“不是全部,”他喊道,“如果还有的话,
I've grown so deaf, I could not hear."
我宁愿自己是聋子,我不想听。”
"Nay, then," the specter stern rejoined,
“不,那么”鬼魂强硬地反驳,
"These are unpardonable yearnings;
“这是无法原谅的渴望;
If you are lame, and deaf, and blind,
如果你瘸了,聋了,盲了,
You've had your three sufficient warnings,
你就明白这三个警告了,
So, come along; no more we'll part."
跟我走吧,我们不再分开了。”
He said, and touched him with his dart:
他说,用飞镖碰碰他;
And now old Dodson, turning pale,
老道德森脸色惨白,
Yields to his fate—so ends my tale.
向命运屈服了——我的故事也完了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部