搜索

美国语文第五册(MP3+中英字幕) 第276期:约翰 摩尔先生的葬礼

查看: 206.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 15:04:13 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
美国语文第五册(MP3+中英字幕) 第276期:约翰 摩尔先生的葬礼
Not a drum was heard, not a funeral note,
没有鼓鸣,没有葬礼哀乐,
As his corse to the rampart we hurried;
我们匆忙地,将战友掩埋,
Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot
没有枪声,送行英雄,
O’er the grave where our hero we buried.
我们悲哀地,告别兄弟。
We buried him darkly, at dead of night,
夜幕嗅出,死亡阴森气息,
The sods with our bayonets turning,
草地上,刺刀寒光凛凛,
By the struggling moonbeam’s misty light,
惨白月光下,身影憧憧,
And the lantern dimly burning.
送葬马灯,鬼火忽暗忽明。
No useless coffin inclosed his breast,
长眠兹此,甚至没有棺冢,
Not in sheet nor in shroud we wound him;
亦没有, 最后送终敛衣;
But he lay like a warrior taking his rest,
那勇猛武士,似乎战时休憩,
With his martial cloak around him.
依然披戴,出征的盔甲战衣。
Few and short were the prayers we said,
几乎没有,祈祷或是祝愿,
And we spoke not a word of sorrow;
亦没有,半句悲伤话语;
But we steadfastly gazed on the face of the dead
默默凝视,死者惨白面孔,
And we bitterly thought of the morrow.
不由嗟叹,是否明天的自己?
We thought, as we hollowed his narrow bed,
匆忙平整,那块狭窄墓穴,
And smoothed down his lonely pillow,
从今往后,对手抑或过客,
That the foe and the stranger would tread o’er his head,
再亦不会,惊扰他的睡眠,
And we far away on the billow!
我们又将迎接,新的血雨腥风。
Lightly they’ll talk of the spirit that’s gone
鬼神们,轻声谈论摩尔先生,
And o’er his cold ashes upbraid him;
尸骨未寒,却遭讥笑奚落;
But little he’ll reck, if they’ll let him sleep on
他全然不理,是否自己获许,
In a grave where a Briton has laid him.
竟径直躺在,英国佬棺椁上面。
But half of our heavy task was done, when the clock struck the hour for retiring
撤离钟声,已经敲响,事业未竟,道路崎岖漫长,
And we heard the distant random gun that the foe was sullenly firing.
远处,敌人的稀疏枪声,黎明将来临,夜色未央。
Slowly and sadly we laid him down,
哀伤欲绝,我们掩埋英雄,
From the field of his fame, fresh and gory;
他戎马一生,鲜血浸透大地,
We carved not a line, we raised not a stone,
不见碑石,甚至没有碑文,
But we left him alone with his glory!
唯有英名,在战士心底追忆。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部