Scene 2. Enter slowly, people in evident distress—Officers, Sarnem, Gesler, Tell, Albert, and soldiers,
第二幕:众人看来心情沮丧,慢步走了过来,包括众官吏、萨勒姆、盖斯勒,还有泰尔和阿尔伯特及士兵们,
one bearing Tell's bow and quiver—another with a basket of apples.
其中一位士兵拿着泰尔的箭和箭袋,另外一位士兵拿着一袋苹果。
Gesler says: That is your ground. Now shall they measure thence A hundred paces. Take the distance.
盖斯勒说:那是你站的地方。然后,士兵们从那测出一百码距离,以此距离计算。
Tell says: Is the line a true one?
泰尔说:那条线可靠吗?
True or not, what is't to thee?
是否可靠,对你来说,又怎么样呢?
What is't to me? A little thing. A very little thing;
对我来说怎么样?这事很小,应该不值一提;
a yard or two Is nothing here or there—were it a wolf I shot at! Never mind.
不管怎么说,相差一两码距离实在算不上什么,假如我的射击目标为野兽,那完全不必介意。
Be thankful, slave, Our grace accords thee life on any terms.
要知道感恩,你这奴隶!无论如何,我们在对你施以恩典。
I will be thankful, Gesler! Villain, stop! You measure to the sun.
我会感激在心,盖斯勒,你这个恶棍!停下!你量到太阳上去了。
And what of that? What matter whether to or from the sun?
你什么意思?这距离与太阳有什么关系?
I'd have it at my back. The sun should shine Upon the mark, and not on him that shoots.
我得背着太阳,阳光应该照在目标上,不是直接照射在射箭人的脸上。
I can not see to shoot against the sun: I will not shoot against the sun!
迎着光线怎么行,我绝对不能面对阳光射箭!
Give him his way! Thou hast cause to bless my mercy.
给他调换方向!你要感激我的慈悲。
I shall remember it. I'd like to see The apple I'm to shoot at.
我会记住,我还想看看马上射箭需要的苹果。
Stay! show me the basket! there!
等一会,把那个苹果篮拿来!这里!
You've picked the smallest one. I know I have.
你挑选个最小的苹果。是的。