搜索

美国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第53期:环境不同 处理各异(4)

查看: 2.1k|回复: 0
发表于 Feb 3, 2019 15:05:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
美国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第53期:环境不同 处理各异(4)
Believe me, neighbor Derby, I am really sorry, for your sake, that matters turn out thus.
相信我,德比,我真的非常抱歉到你这儿事情变成了这样。
And I as much for yours, neighbor Scrapewell;
我同样对您表示非常遗憾,斯科利普韦尔。
for to tell you the truth I received a letter this morning from Mr. Griffin,
因为和您实话实说,我今早收到一封格里芬先生的信,
who tells me if I will be in town today he will give me the refusal of all that lot of timber, which he is about cutting down, on the side of the hill;
他告诉我如果我今天去镇上一趟,他会给我所有木材的优先选择权,就是他在山坡上准备砍伐的那些树木。
and I had intended you should have shared half of it,
而且我本打算分给您一半,
which would have been not less than fifty dollars in your pocket. But, as your—Fifty dollars, did you say?
价值不会少于您口袋里的美元。但是,既然您——你是说,50美元?
Ay, truly, did I; but as your mare is out of order,
唉,是啊,我是这么说的。但是既然您的灰马不在状态,
I'll go and see if I can get old Roan, the blacksmith's horse.
我去看看能不能借铁匠家的老杂毛马。
Old Roan! My mare is at your service, neighbor,
老杂毛!邻居,我的灰马可以随时为你服务。
Here, Tim, tell Ned Saunders he can't have the mare: neighbor Derby wants her;
蒂姆,告诉奈德·桑德斯他不能用灰马了,邻居德比用了。
and I won't refuse so good a friend anything he asks for.
这么要好的朋友的任何请求我都是不会拒绝的。
But what are you to do for meal?
您要用粗粮来做什么呀?
My wife can do without it for a week if you want the mare so long.
如果你需要借用灰马一星期,我妻子可以这段时间都不用粗粮。
But, then, your saddle is all in pieces.
但是,您的马鞍都破成片了。
I meant the old one. I have bought a new one since, and you shall have the first use of it.
我指的是旧的那个。后来我又买了个新的,你应该是第一个用的。
And shall I call at Thumper's and get the mare shod?
那我还用去萨姆皮尔店里给灰马钉掌吗?
No, no; I had forgotten to tell you that I let neighbor Dobson shoe her, last week,
不用,不用。我忘了告诉你,我上周让邻居多布森尝试着给它钉掌了。
by way of trial; and, to do him justice, he shoes extremely well.
而且,公平地说,他钉掌钉得很好。
But, if the poor creature has lost so much skin from off her back
但是,如果可怜的家伙背上脱了很多皮
Poh, poh! That is just one of Tim's large stories.
咳,咳!那只是蒂姆编的一个故事。
I do assure you it was not, at first, bigger than my thumb nail,
我向你保证,最初那块比我的拇指指甲大不了多少,
and I am certain it has not grown any since.
我肯定之后也没再长得更大。
At least, however, let her have something she will eat, since she refuses hay.
不过,由于它不吃草,至少让它吃些能吃的东西。
She did, indeed, refuse hay this morning; but the only reason was that she was crammed full of oats.
今天早上它确实不吃草;但是唯一的原因是它吃了太多燕麦。
You have nothing to fear, neighbor; the mare is in perfect trim;
我的邻居,你什么都不用担心,灰马刷洗得很干净,
and she will skim you over the ground like a bird.
它能载着你像鸟儿般在路上飞驰。
I wish you a good journey and a profitable job.
祝你一路顺风,工作盈利。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部