搜索

美国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第33期:不浪费,不愁缺(2)

查看: 2.1k|回复: 0
发表于 Feb 3, 2019 15:05:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
美国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第33期:不浪费,不愁缺(2)
A few weeks after this, Mr. Jones gave each of his sons a new top.
几周之后,琼斯先生给他的两个儿子每人一只陀螺。
How is this, Ben? These tops have no strings. What shall we do for strings?
这个怎么玩,本?这两个陀螺没有鞭子。我们拿什么当鞭子啊?
I have a string that will do very well for mine. And he pulled it out of his pocket.
我有一条非常合适的绳子。然后他从口袋里拿了出来。
Why, if that is not the whipcord! I wish I had saved mine.
哦,这不是那条鞭绳嘛!我希望当时完整地留下了我的那条。
A few days afterward, there was a shooting match, with bows and arrows, among the lads.
之后又过了几天,有一场射箭比赛,参赛的小伙子们手里都拿着弓和箭。
The prize was a fine bow and arrows, to be given to the best marksman.
比赛的奖品是一副上好的弓箭,会奖励给最优秀的神箭手。
"Come, come," said Master Sharp, "I am within one inch of the mark. I should like to see who will go nearer."
“来吧,来吧,”夏普大师说,“我射出的箭落在了距靶心一英尺内。我要看看谁会射得更接近靶心。”
John drew his bow, and shot.
约翰拿起他的弓,开始射箭。
The arrow struck within a quarter of an inch of Master Sharp's.
他的箭射到了离夏普大师的落点1/4英尺的地方。
"Shoot away," said Sharp; but you must understand the rules.
“再射一次,”夏普说,“但是你们一定要知道规则。
We settled them before you came.
我们在你们来之前就已经射完了。
You are to have three shots with your own arrows. Nobody is to borrow or lend. So shoot away.
你可以用你自己的箭瞄射三次,任何人不许借用或出借自己的弓箭。好了,再射一次。
John seized his second arrow; "If I have any luck," said he;
约翰拿起他的第二支箭。“但愿我运气好点,”他说。
but just as he pronounced the word "luck," the string broke, and the arrow fell from his hands.
但是,就在他说出“运气”这个词的时候,他的弓弦断了,箭从他手中掉落。
Master Sharp. There! It is all over with you.
夏普大师:啊!你的比赛结束了。
Here is my bow for him, and welcome.
拿我的弓给他,来吧。
No, no, sir; that is not fair. Did you not hear the rules? There is to be no lending.
不,不,先生,这不公平。你刚才听到规则了吗?不允许借弓箭。
It was now Ben's turn to make his trial.
现在轮到本来试试身手了。
His first arrow missed the mark; the second was exactly as near as John's first.
他的第一箭脱靶了,没射中;第二箭射得和约翰的第一箭不相上下。
Before venturing the last arrow, Ben very prudently examined the string of his bow; and, as he pulled it to try its strength, it snapped.
在大胆射出最后一支箭之前,本小心翼翼地检查他的弓弦,就在他把弓张开准备试试它的弦是否绷紧时,弓弦啪地断了。
Master Sharp clapped his hands and danced for joy.
夏普大师拍拍手,高兴得跳起舞来。
But his dancing suddenly ceased, when careful Ben drew out of his pocket an excellent piece of cord, and began to tie it to the bow.
但他的舞蹈突然停下了,细心的本从口袋里拿出一条上好的鞭绳,开始将它绑在弓上。
"The everlasting whipcord, I declare!" cried "Yes," said Ben, "I put it in my pocket today, because I thought I might want it."
“我知道,那是不朽的鞭绳!”约翰叫道。“是的,”本说,“我今天把它放在口袋里,因为我想我没准会需要它。”
Ben's last arrow won the prize; and when the bow and arrows were handed to him,
本的最后一箭赢得了奖品。当把弓箭递到他手上时,
John said, "How valuable that whipcord has been to you, I'll take care how I waste anything hereafter."
约翰说:“本,那条鞭绳对你来说可是太珍贵了。将来我要是再想浪费东西可要当心了。”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部