搜索

牛津上海版初中英语八年级(上册):Unit7 More practice

查看: 326.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 16:07:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
牛津上海版初中英语八年级(上册):Unit7 More practice
Nobody knows
没人知道
Thousands of people say that they have seen UFOs.
数千人都说他们曾看见过飞碟。
Here is one of the most famous stories, the Roswell Incident, which happened in the USA in1947.
以下是其中一个最著名的故事之一,1947年发生在美国的“罗斯威尔事件”。
Witness A (No name): On the warm evening of 2 July, 1947, my wife and I were sitting outside.
证人A(匿名):1947年7月2日,一个暖和的夜晚,我和妻子坐在外面。
Suddenly we saw a very bright object go across the sky.
突然,我们看到一个非常明亮的物体划过天空。
It went much faster than a plane.
它的速度比飞机的速度要快。
Witness B (William Brazel, a farmer): On 3 July we found some of the wreckage on our farm.
证人B(威廉·布雷泽尔,农夫):7月三日,我们在农场发现了一些残骸。
It was made of metal. The metal was light but stronger than any metal we have.
是金属残骸。这种金属比我们常见的金属要轻而且更硬些。
There was some strange writing on some of the pieces.
有些金属上面写着一些很奇怪的字。
I called the local airbase. Major Marcel came and collected the wreckage.
我打电话给空军基地。马西尔少校来到现场检视,并收集残骸带回基地检验。
He told me not to talk to anyone about it.
他要我不要跟任何人谈起此事。
Witness C (Major Marcel): I went and collected some of the wreckage.
证人C(马西尔少校):我去收集一些残骸。
I gave it to another army officer, and I never saw it again.
我把残骸交给了另一名军官,此后我再也没有看到过。
The army said later that the wreckage came from a weather balloon, but this was a lie.
后来那位军官说那是气象气球的残骸,但是这是个谎言。
The metal was something I had never seen before or since.
这种金属我以前或目前从没有见到过。
Witness D (No name): I was just five years old, but I'll never forget that day.
证人(匿名):当时我只有5岁时,但是我永远不会忘记那一天。
I was walking in the country near Socorro with my parents.
我和父母在梭克罗附近的乡村散步。
(Socorro is about 240 km from Roswell.)
(梭克罗离罗斯威尔大约240公里。)
Suddenly we found a silver spaceship on the side of the hill.
突然,我们在山的一边看到了一艘银色的太空船。
It was quite small - about 10 metres across.
太空船很小,大约10米长。
There were three dead aliens lying by the side of the spaceship.
有几个外星人尸体分散在太空船里面及外面地上。
They were small - about a metre tall - and had large heads.
这些尸体体型非常瘦小,身长1米左右,头很大。
A fourth alien was sitting on a rock. He was frightened when he saw us.
第四个外星人坐在石头上,他看到我们时非常恐慌。
He had big black eyes. Then some soldiers came and told us to go away.
他有一双黑色的大眼睛。后来来了一些士兵,要我们离开这里。
They told us to forget everything.
他们告诫我们忘记这一切。
Witness E (Melvin Brown): I was a soldier in the US army then.
证人E(梅尔文·布朗):当时我在美国军队当兵。
We had to guard some trucks. One was refrigerated.
我们必须保护一些卡车,其中一辆冷藏车。
I looked inside it. I saw three small, dead bodies.
我朝车内巡视,看见三具小死尸。
They had big heads, and nice, friendly faces.
他们的头很大,面容和蔼、友善。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部