搜索

牛津上海版初中英语八年级(下册):Unit5 Reading

查看: 187.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 16:07:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
牛津上海版初中英语八年级(下册):Unit5 Reading
Blind man and eyes in fire drama
盲人与火中之眼的故事
Part 1
第一部分
John Dancer's troubles began as soon as he walked into the Dragon Hotel with his friend, Charlie.
约翰·丹瑟和他的朋友查理从走进龙饭店开始就遇到了麻烦。
Together they went to the reception desk.
他们一起走向接待处。
John said, "Good evening. My name's John Dancer.
约翰说:“晚上好。我叫约瑟·丹瑟。
I've booked a room here."
我在这里预定了一个房间。”
The clerk said, "You're welcome to stay, sir,
店员说:“欢迎入住,先生。
but I'm sorry we don't allow pets in this hotel."
但是饭店规定宠物不准进入。”
"Pets!" exclaimed John. "Charlie isn't a pet.
“宠物!”约翰喊道,“查理不是只宠物。
I'm blind and he's my eyes. He takes me everywhere. Don't you, Charlie?"
我看不见,它就是我的眼睛。它带我去所有地方。是吧,查理?”
Charlie barked. It sounded like "Yes".
查理叫了一声,听起来就像说“是”。
"I'm sorry, sir," the clerk repeated, "but the hotel rules say..."
“对不起,先生,”店员重复道:“但是饭店规定说……”
John interrupted, "Please call the manager."
约翰把话打断:“请把经理叫来。”
The manager came. She agreed at once that John and Charlie could both be guests.
经理来了。她马上答应约翰和查理两位客人一起住下。
She led them personally to their room.
她亲自领他们去房间。
Before entering, John said, "Can you tell me the location of the fire exit?"
进门前约翰说:“能告诉我安全出口的位置吗?”
"It's the fifth door along from yours," said the manager.
“沿着您的房间第五个门。”经理说。
"Thank you," said John. "Safety first, you know."
“谢谢,”约翰说:“你知道,安全第一。”
"You're very sensible, sir," the manager said.
经理说:“您很明智,先生。”
She then described John's room to him, and left.
然后她为约翰介绍了一下房间后离开了。
Part 2
第二部分
John tells us in his own words what happened next.
约翰自己把接下来发生的事告诉了我们。
I was asleep. Charlie woke me.
“我睡着了。查理叫醒了我。
He was pulling at my blankets and barking.
它边拖我的毯子边叫。
I smelt smoke! A fire! But where?
我闻到烟味!火灾!可在哪儿?
Just then, the fire alarm went off.
就在这时,火警报警器响了。
I went to the door of my room. I felt it.
我走到房门。我摸了摸门。
The surface was hot so I didn't open it. The fire must be outside.
表面是热的,所以我没有开门。外面一定有火。
I wet some towels and put them along the bottom of the door.
我弄湿了几条毛巾,沿着门缝放好。
I tried the phone. It was dead. I coughed.
我试着打电话。可打不通。我开始咳嗽。
A little smoke was getting past the towels.
烟透过毛巾飘进来。
So I lay on the floor with Charlie beside me and waited.
所以我躺在地上和身边的查理一起等。
The minutes seemed like hours.
分钟就像小时一样漫长。
Then I heard it—the sound of a fire engine. It was music to my ears.
我听到消防车的声音。那声音对我就是音乐。
I opened the window, waved and shouted.
我打开窗户,招手呼喊。
Charlie barked. Moments later, I heard a voice.
查理也吠叫着。过了一会儿我听到一个声音。
The fireman at the window didn't want to take Charlie.
窗边的消防员不想带上查理。
"It's against the rules," he said. I explained about Charlie.
“这违反规定。”他说。我向他解释查理。
Seconds later, we were both safe on the ground.
片刻之后,我们两个安全着陆了。”
"So you saved Charlie's life!" I said.
“你救了查理的命!”我说。
"Yes, and he saved mine," said John. "Didn't you, Charlie?"
“是,它也救了我的命,”约翰说。“是吧,查理?”
Charlie barked. It sounded like "Yes".
查理叫了一声,听起来像在说“是”。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部