搜索

UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 47 The Scholarship

查看: 358.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 17:17:08 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 47 The Scholarship
UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs
第六单元 为就业做好准备
Lesson 47: The Scholarship
第47课: 奖学金
Angie was late coming home from her music lesson.
安吉上完音乐课之后回到家已经很晚了。
Her little brother,Mike,was in the kitchen.
她的小弟弟迈克在厨房里。
On the table she saw an envelope from a university in Toronto.
在桌子上她看到了一封来自多伦多的一所大学的信。
She turned the envelope over,but it was already open.
她翻过信封,但是信封已经被拆开过了。
"Did you open my letter?" she asked.
“你拆了我的信吗?”她问,
"I've told you again and again!
“我一再地告诉你!
Leave my things alone."
别碰我的东西。”
"Don't shout at me!" said Mike.
“不要对我大喊大叫!”迈克说。
Angie pulled the letter out of the envelope.
安吉把信从信封中抽出来。
"Dear Miss Turner," it said.
“亲爱的特纳小姐,”它上面写着。
"You have been awarded a scholarship to study violin at our School of Music."
“你已被授予了一份来我们音乐学院学习小提琴的奖学金。”
"Yippee!" she shouted."I won it!"
“太棒了!”她大叫起来,“我获得了!”
"That's nice," said Mike,unhappily.
“不错啊,”迈克怏怏不乐地说。
Angie could see now that Mike had been crying.
安吉可以看出迈克现在在哭。
"Are you going away,Angie?" he asked.
“安吉,你要离开吗?”他问。
"Well," she said,slowly.
“嗯,”她慢慢说道。
Angie hadn't thought about Mike's feelings.
安吉没有考虑到迈克的感受。
He was only eight years old and couldn't remember their mother who had died so long before.
他只有八岁,因为妈妈去世很久了他都记不起她的模样。
"I don't want you to go," he said.
“我不想让你去,”他说。
"Is that so?Well,I haven't gone yet.
“是吗?嗯,我还没有走呢。
Eat your snack," she said,softly.
吃你的夜宵吧,”她温柔地说,
"Then go to bed.It's late."
“然后去睡觉。不早了。”
"Good night," he said sadly.
“晚安,”他伤心地说。
Angie didn't know what to do.
安吉不知道该怎么办。
She wanted to study music so much.
她非常想学音乐。
"I need help," she thought.
“我需要帮助,”她想。
But who should she talk to?
但是她应该和谁说呢?
Who did she respect most?
她最尊敬谁呢?
She read the letter again.
她再次读了那封信。
She felt glad and sad at the same time.
她既高兴又伤心。
The next morning Angie got up early and went to see Aunt Mary.
第二天早晨安吉很早就起来去看望玛丽阿姨。
Aunt Mary was doing some ironing in her warm and comforting kitchen.
玛丽阿姨正在她那温暖舒适的厨房中熨衣服。
Angie told her about the scholarship.
安吉告诉了她有关奖学金的事。
"If I were to go to Toronto,I would leave Dad and Mike alone," she said.
“如果我要去多伦多,我就会离开爸爸和迈克,”她说。
Aunt Mary turned off the iron and sat down beside Angie.
玛丽阿姨关掉熨斗,坐在了安吉旁边。
"What does your father say?" she asked.
“你爸爸怎么说的?”她问。
"He says I must choose for myself."
“他说我必须自己做决定。”
Angie wanted to cry.
安吉想哭。
"But it's hard!Mike is so sad!"
“但是这很难!迈克非常伤心!”
"That's funny.Mike is always arguing with you."
“这就奇怪了。迈克总是和你争吵。”
"Yes,he gets angry when I practise the violin.
“是的,我一练小提琴他就生气。
And I get angry when he opens my letters.
当他拆我的信件时我也生气。
But he is so young."
但是他还很小。”
"Here is something to think about," said her aunt.
“这事需要好好考虑考虑,”她的阿姨说,
"If you were to go to Toronto,you could come back for holidays."
“如果你要去多伦多,你可以在放假时回来。”
Angie nodded.
安吉点了点头。
"And you are not leaving him alone," said Aunt Mary.
“你也就没有把他扔下不管,”玛丽阿姨说,
"If you were to go,I would be here.
“如果你要去,还有我呢。
When your mother died,you were very young.
你妈妈去世时,你还非常小。
You came to me for help.
你曾来找我帮忙。
I'll be here to help Mike,too.
我也可以帮助迈克。
Wait here.I want to show you something."
在这儿等着。 我想给你看一些东西。”
Aunt Mary left the kitchen and came back with a book of old photographs.
玛丽阿姨离开厨房,拿着一本旧相册回来了。
In one of the photographs,a young girl held a violin.
在其中一张照片上,一个年轻女孩拿着一把小提琴。
"That was your mother.She loved music,too.
“那是你妈妈。她也非常热爱音乐。
If she knew about your scholarship,she would be very proud."
如果她知道你得了奖学金,她会非常自豪的。”
Angie went home.Mike was still in his bedroom.
安吉回家了。迈克仍然在他的卧室里。
He was unhappy and angry.
他不高兴还有点生气。
"It's time to get up," she said.
“该起床了,”她说。
"My stomach hurts," said Mike.
“我肚子疼,”迈克说。
"Oh,dear!" she said.
“噢,天啊!”她说。
She put her hand on his forehead.
她把手放在他的额头上。
He wasn't hot.
他没有发烧。
"I think you are making an excuse," she said.
“我想你在找借口,”她说,
"Are you really sick?"
“你真的生病了吗?”
"No," he said."I don't want to do any chores today."
“没有,”他说。 “我今天不想做任何家务事。”
"You don't have many chores to do," said his sister.
“你没有多少家务事可做,”他姐姐说,
"Get up.I'll make you breakfast."
“起来。我给你做早饭。”
Angie made pancakes with strawberries.
安吉做了加草莓的薄烤饼。
"Oh,good.My favourite!" Mike said.
“哦,好。我的最爱!”迈克说。
He forgot his anger.
他不生气了。
Angie gave him a plate.
安吉给了他一个盘子。
"Mike,you know that I might go away."
“迈克,你知道我可能会离开。”
He nodded."I want to study music.
他点了点头。“我想学习音乐。
But I want to help you and Dad,too.
但是我也想帮你和爸爸。
If I were to go,I would send you a letter every week.
如果我走了,我会每周给你写信的。
You would have your own envelopes to open.
你会有你自己的信来拆。
I would come home to spend my vacation.
我会回来度假的。
I would make pancakes until you get sick of them!"
我会给你做薄烤饼的,直到你厌恶它们为止!”
"But I'll miss you,Angie."
“可是安吉,我会想你的。”
"I'll miss you,too," she said.
“我也会想你的,”她说,
"But Dad is here.So is Aunt Mary.
“但是爸爸在这儿。玛丽阿姨也在。
You'll be busy with your friends.
你会忙着和朋友们在一起。
And there's one really good thing,Mike.
迈克,还有一件非常好的事情。
You won't have to listen to me practise the violin."
你将不必再听我练小提琴了。”
He laughed."Okay,here's my opinion.
他笑了。“好的,我说说我的意见。
You should go.But I'll expect two letters every week.
你应该去。但是我期望每周收到两封信。
And a lot of pancakes!"
以及很多很多薄烤饼!”
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Choose any job you are interested in.
选择任何你感兴趣的工作。
Describe it to a group of students,but don't name it.
向一群学生描述那份工作,但不要说出其名称。
Ask them to guess which job you have chosen.
让他们猜猜你选择的工作是什么。
They can ask questions like,"In this job,do you _____?" or "Is it _____?"
他们可以这样提问:“做这份工作,你 ?”或者“这份工作 ?”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部