搜索

UNIT 4 Work for Peace Lesson 31 Peace at Last

查看: 227.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 17:17:17 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
UNIT 4 Work for Peace Lesson 31 Peace at Last
UNIT 4 Work for Peace
第四单元 为和平而努力
Lesson 31: Peace at Last
第31课: 终于和平了
Dear Danny,This week,I had a big fight with a friend.
亲爱的丹尼:这周,我和一个朋友大吵了一架。
He and I play on the same basketball team.
我和他在同一个篮球队打球。
We were going to play on Sunday.
我们周日要去打比赛。
It was a very important game.
这是一个非常重要的比赛。
Then,on Thursday,we heard some news.
在周四,我们听到了一些消息。
The time of the game had been changed.
比赛的时间已经变了。
Now,we were going to play on Saturday afternoon.
现在,我们要在周六下午打比赛。
I said to my friend,
我对我的朋友说:
"Oh,no!I have been invited to a party on Saturday afternoon!"
“哦,不!我周六下午已经应邀要参加一个聚会。”
He said,"Oh,what a pity.
他说:“哦,多么遗憾啊。
You'll have to miss the party."
你将不得不错过这个聚会了。”
This was a big problem.
这是一个大问题。
I had already said that I would come to the party.
我已经说了我会参加聚会。
I couldn't do both.
我不能两者兼顾。
I had to decide between them.
我必须在它们之间做出选择。
When I told my friend about my problem,he was angry.
当我告诉我的朋友我的问题后,他很生气。
He said,"You can't miss the game!
他说:“你不能缺席这场比赛!
You're a member of the team!"
你是球队的一员!”
When I went home,I asked my mother what I should do.
当我回家后,我问我妈妈我该怎么做。
She said that the decision was mine.
她说我应该自己决定。
I couldn't fall asleep that night.
我那天晚上失眠了。
I kept thinking about my problem.
我一直在想我的问题。
In the morning,I told my mother,
第二天早上,我告诉我妈妈说:
"I think I'll go to the party.
“我想我会去参加聚会的。
I said that I would be there.
我说过我会去的。
It wouldn't be fair for me to go to the game."
去参加比赛对我来说不公平。”
"All right," my mother said.
“对,”我妈妈说。
"If I knew that the game would be on Saturday,I would have said no to the party invitation.
“如果我知道比赛将在周六举行,我会拒绝聚会邀请的。
But I said yes,so I have to go."
但是我答应了,因此我必须去。”
After I missed the game,my friend was very angry.
在我缺席那场比赛之后,我的朋友非常生气。
I tried to explain,but he's still mad at me.
我设法解释,但是他仍然很生我的气。
What should I do?
我该怎么办?
Your friend,Li Ming
你的朋友, 李明
Dear Li Ming,
亲爱的李明:
Don't be angry,but I laughed when I read your e-mail.
别生气,我读了你的电子邮件后笑了。
You fought with your friend this week,and I fought with my friend,too!
你这周和你的朋友发生了口角,我也和我的朋友发生了争执!
Brian and I were so angry that we weren't speaking to each other.
我和布莱恩都非常生气,我们都不理对方了。
It started when I found ten dollars on the street.
这从我在街上发现了十美元开始。
I was very happy,because I wanted to buy a birthday present for my friend Sandra.
我非常高兴,因为我想给我的朋友桑德拉买一件生日礼物。
After I bought the present,I told Jenny and Brian about finding the money.
在我买了礼物之后,我告诉了珍妮和布莱恩我捡到钱的事了。
Brian said that he had lost ten dollars.
布莱恩说他丢了十美元。
He said that the money I found was his.
他说我捡到的钱是他的。
Soon,we were both shouting at each other.
后来,我们就互相大吵起来。
Brian said that he wouldn't be my friend again until I gave him his money.
布莱恩说除非我还他钱否则他就不再做我的朋友了。
Jenny said we should have a conversation.
珍妮说我们应该谈一谈。
Yesterday,she helped us to make peace with each other.
昨天,她帮我们和解了。
We held a meeting.
我们进行了一次会面。
She told us that we shouldn't fight over ten dollars.
她说我们不应该为了十美元而争吵。
Brian and I agreed to go home and think about it.
我和布莱恩同意回家想想这件事。
So I did.Do you know what I decided?
我也这样做了。你知道我的决定吗?
I am going to give Brian ten dollars.
我打算给布莱恩十美元。
I'm going to babysit my cousin Debbie next week,and I will give Brian the money I earn.
我下周要帮忙照看我的堂妹黛比,我会把我挣到的钱给布莱恩的。
Danny P.S.Brian just called me on the phone.
丹尼 附言:布莱恩刚刚打电话给我。
He said friendship is more important than money.
他说友谊比金钱更重要。
He said he doesn't want the ten dollars anymore!
他说他不再想要那十美元了!
I shouldn't keep others'money.
我不应该把别人的钱占为己有。
Friendship is more important!
友谊更重要!
I regret what I did.
我后悔我所做的事了。
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Write a diary entry,an e-mail or a letter about the topic below:
写一篇关于下面话题的日记、邮件、信。
Have you or anyone in your family experienced war before?
你或你们家的人曾经经历过战争吗?
What is war like?
战争是什么样的?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部