Body language
肢体语言
Debbie and Simon are students. They both have part-time jobs at a travel company.
Debbie 和 Simon 是学生。他们都在一家旅游公司做兼职。
A well-dressed lady entered the office.
一位着装优雅的女士走进办公室。
She looked at Debbie and Simon, and then walked over to Debbie.
她看了看 Debbie 和 Simon,然后走向 Debbie。
Debbie gave her a cheerful greeting.
Debbie 欢快地与她打了个招呼。
Simon sighed and walked away.
Simon 叹了口气,转身走开了。
“What's the matter?” Mr Yang asked.
“怎么了?”杨先生问。
“People always choose Debbie instead of me. I don't understand.”
“人们总是选择 Debbie,而不是我。我真搞不明白。”
“I do. It's the way you communicate.”
“我明白,是你的沟通方式(有问题)。“
“How can that be?” Simon asked. “I don't get a chance to speak.”
“怎么可能?”Simon 问道。 “我压根就没有得到说话的机会。”
“Communicating is more than just speaking. Your body language is important too.”
“沟通不仅仅是说很多话。你的肢体语言也很重要。”
“Body language?”
“肢体语言?”
“It's the way you stand and sit. It's you gestures and the expression on you face.
“就是你坐立的形态,就是你的手势和脸上的表情。
- Your whole appearance communicates things.
- 你的整个外观传达的东西。
- You don't give people a good impression, Simon.
- Simon,你没给别人留下良好的印象。
- You look down, you never smile and you don't turn you head towards them.
- 你看看,你从来不笑,你不把头朝向他们。
“Look at Debbie. She's holding her head up. She always smiles and looks friendly.
- 看看 Debbie。她保持抬头挺胸,总是面带微笑,看上去很友好。
- Her body language is making people feel welcome, so they go to her for help.”
- 她的肢体语言让人们感到受欢迎,所以他们(乐意)去她那得到协助。”
Simon decided to improve his body language. He sat up straight and tried smiling at people.
Simon 决定,要改善他的肢体语言。他坐直了身子,试图对人们微笑。
Minutes later, a beautiful girl entered. She walked over to Simon.
几分钟后,一个漂亮的女孩进来了。她走到 Simon。
A few moments later, she left with a smile.
过了一会儿,她(给 Simon )留下了个微笑。
Mr Yang came over at once and said, “You made a good impression on her, Simon.”
杨先生立刻走了过来,说:“你给她留了一个好印象,Simon。”
“That was my sister,” said Simon. “She wanted to remind me that tomorrow is her birthday.”
“那是我的妹妹,”Simon 说。 “她想提醒我,明天是她的生日。”