Maria:What are you doing, Kangkang?
马丽亚:你在干什么,康康?
Kangkang:I'm doing some shopping on the Internet. It's a little cheaper.
康康:我在网上买一些东西。那样更便宜。
Maria:What else can you do onine?
马丽亚:你还能在网上做什么事?
Kangkang:I can find information, send emails, listen to music, watch movies and so on. I can also chat with my grandmother face to face.
康康:我可以在网上查信息、发邮件、听音乐、看电影,等等。我还可以面对面地跟我奶奶聊天。
Maria:That's great! The Intenet makes the world smaller. How does it work?
马丽亚:太棒了!网络让世界变得更小。它是怎么工作的?
Kangkang:Mm, let me find out the information online.
康康:嗯,让我上网查查。
(Five minutes later.)
(五分钟以后。)
Kangkang:A special language makes computers talk with each other.
康康:一种特殊的语言让电脑之间可以互相交流。
Maria:When did it come into being?
马丽亚:它是什么时候出现的?
Kangkang:Scientists started to study the Internet in the 1960s and made it into use in the 1990s.
康康:科学家20世纪60年代开始研究电脑,并在20世纪90年代让它投入使用。
Maria:I'm sure the Internet will become more and more important to us.
马丽亚:我相信网络对我们来说会越来越重要。