(Jane meets Kangkang and Yukio at the school gate.)
(简在学校门口遇到了康康和由纪夫。)
Jane:Hi, Kangkang and Yukio!
简:嗨,康康,由纪夫!
Yukio:Hello, Jane!
由纪夫:你好,简!
Kangkang:Yukio, when Jane says "Hi" she waves her hand, but when you say "Hello" you bow.
康康:由纪夫,简说“嗨”的时候,她招了手,你说“你好”的时候,你是鞠的躬。
Yukio:In Japan, we bow when we are saying hello as a sign of respect.
由纪夫:在日本,我们打招呼的时候会鞠躬,来表示对对方的尊敬。
Jane:In Canada, we wave as a sign of peace and feiendship.
简:在加拿大,我们招手来表示和平和友谊。
Kangkang:I think that is known as body language. We use body language to communicate how we feel, even if there is silence.
康康:我觉得那就是肢体语言。即便安静的时候,我们也会用肢体语言来交流我们的感受。
Yukio:Did you notice that Miss Wang smiles when she is happy, and when she is angry she put her hands on her hips? Then I know whether she will praise or punish us.
由纪夫:你有没有注意到方老师高兴的时候就会笑,生气的时候就会把手放在身体两侧?那样我就会知道她是要表扬还是要惩罚我们。
Jane:When my little sister is angry, she crosses her arms and stamps her foot!
简:我妹妹生气的时候就会双臂交叉跺着脚。
Kangkang:I wonder if body language means the same thing in all cultures.
康康:我想知道肢体语言在所有文化中是不是同一个意思。
Jane:We should do some research. People could communicate better if they knew more about their body language.
简:我们应该调查一下。如果人们更加了解肢体语言,就能更好的沟通了。
Yukio:Let's ask Miss Wang and Ms. Jones if they will help us with our research.
由纪夫:我们问问方老师和琼斯老师,看她们会不会帮我们做调查。
Jane:That is a good idea. Goodbye, Kangkang. Goodbye, Yukio.
简:好主意。再见,康康。再见,由纪夫。
Kangkang and Yukio:Goodbye, Jane.
康康和由纪夫:再见,简。